DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi, from Spokane,WA

ZBuster

Reactions
Been reviewing and reading about all of you MP pilots for a few years now. Just never had anything to say until now. I have one question that hopefully you can answer? I'm receiving a high pitch sound from my Mavic Pro after a crash replacing camera and front sensors. Everything is working fine except for the high pitch noise that I've never had before. Could it be an unbalanced prop or a motor going out?

@ZBuster it could be one of several things, either a motor bearing or a magnet in one of the motors has moved and is rubbing on the windings or one other thing check the bottom of the prop centers where they fit in to the motor sometimes one of the lugs that lock on the props can break off in a crash and fall into the motor also check the gap at the bottom of each motor to see if it is the same all the way around

@ZBuster it could be one of several things, either a motor bearing or a magnet in one of the motors has moved and is rubbing on the windings or one other thing check the bottom of the prop centers where they fit in to the motor sometimes one of the lugs that lock on the props can break off in a crash and fall into the motor also check the gap at the bottom of each motor to see if it is the same all the way around
Thanks, The gap looks symmetric on all 4 motors. Also I did find all broken lugs after the crash. It must be either the bearing or the magnet you pointed out. I did start the AC inside to see if I could hear a whine but sounded OK? I only hear it when in hover or off the ground. Thanks for your help:)

Hi from Centralia, WA. Where you gonna fly in the Spokane area? I'm always looking for new places to fly. Would love to do the Palouse area and Steptoe Butte.

Reactions: Oldarmy
Hi from Centralia, WA. Where you gonna fly in the Spokane area? I'm always looking for new places to fly. Would love to do the Palouse area and Steptoe Butte.
Hi Reelman67, I live out in the country that has DNR land everywhere. I live next to the Spokane river and like to video sunrises and sunsets. Not many people on the water then. I also have it when boating with friends and videoing my sons skiing. The Palouse is not bad if your talking about the Snake river area. As for Steptoe Butte, i haven't ventured off the Pullman/Lewiston hwy much:)

Reactions: Oldarmy
Hi Reelman67, I live out in the country that has DNR land everywhere. I live next to the Spokane river and like to video sunrises and sunsets. Not many people on the water then. I also have it when boating with friends and videoing my sons skiing. The Palouse is not bad if your talking about the Snake river area. As for Steptoe Butte, i haven't ventured off the Pullman/Lewiston hwy much:)
I still work for DNR even as a retiree. Used to work up in Colville. Would love to come over some time and do some flying on the east side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78