DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Sydney

Welcome aboard from a very cold Melbourne, Oz... Had my MA for about two months - flown it about half a dozen times and shot a bit of footage. I have been in R/C for some 35 years, mainly fixed wing but also a little bit in heli's and simple drones... I have an AUS reg'n number (modern version of VH) along with MAAA registration and insurance. I expect my AUS number will be used when I need to register MA next year....
frats,
Rosco

Hi FlyingBee, from a fellow MA owner living in Sydney.
Am I understanding correctly, this is the first drone you have owned? If so, be careful of the restrictions with National Parks in Australia. The openSky app is great but only is CASA and it doesn't tell you of the NSW Nat Parks ban of drones (I tried to get permission from one of them and never heard back ). Qld have no such restriction and recently I had a lot of fun flying in the Gold Coast hinterland on holidays (the Qld'ers don't know how lucky they are!). If you want to stretch your wings you can fly in the Western Sydney parklands (Lizard Rock is great during the working/school hours). When you feel confident, you might be surprised how much of the beach areas, even the eastern suburbs, allow drones (although avoiding people can be tricky).
Have fun.

Cool mate, welcome to the forum.
Some big changes coming up for Aussie UAV pilots, keep abreast of the rego / testing coming via CASA website.

The new OpenSky (replaces Can I Fly There ?) app seems to be ok in general, a little different in how it works moving the map etc.
If you haven't already downloaded that, it's a good step for knowing where you can fly safely, along with the usual CASA rules to fly.

Enjoy the Air, BIL has one and it takes some great video.
Yes quite the fun! Onawa Iowa here. Made the jump and fly platinum and wow. Incredible drone! So happy i did!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead