DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Thailand

Im in Sattahip, Chonburi.

BR

Hi Thomas,
Im in Nongprue, just outside Pattaya. Im looking at purchasing a Mavic Pro soon, and one of the areas i was looking to fly is in your area at Nang Ram beach.
Do you have any info on what kind of restrictions/laws, if any, they have in our area or Thailand in general?
Cheers
Changnoy.

Sawasdee Krub.

As a general rule, I always ask the locals if its ok to fly the drone in "their area" + offer to send them a couple of pics of their place/house by email or Line.

You will need to seek permission to fly the drone inside or near Sattahip Naval base and Nang Ram beach is a tad too close to the Naval base I think, so I suggest you start by asking the locals on the beach and if you start flying, then dont fly too high. There are the occasional helicopters flying in/out very low + Utapao Airport is app. 15km from the Nang Ram beach. As always fly with caution and dont fly higher than what you really need!

I had to seek permission in regards of a project we handled via Sattahip Commercial Port and it took a couple of days, but was easy to get since our company was client to Sattahip Port. When we asked the Navy they joked and told us "no drones" only helicopters - and I was seriously hoping for an invitation to go on a bigger bird, but then sadly got permission to fly the drone :)

@ Filaofsoul Sattahip is indeed a very nice place. Give me a text if you ever plan to come back to TH and Sattahip, I would be happy to show you around on the naval base and it would be very interesting to hear about all the changes that has happened since your active days at Kilo 1. Do you have any pictures from that time? I would love to see some of them, if you dont mind to share?

BR
Thomas

Reactions: Changnoy
Sawasdee Krub.

As a general rule, I always ask the locals if its ok to fly the drone in "their area" + offer to send them a couple of pics of their place/house by email or Line.

You will need to seek permission to fly the drone inside or near Sattahip Naval base and Nang Ram beach is a tad too close to the Naval base I think, so I suggest you start by asking the locals on the beach and if you start flying, then dont fly too high. There are the occasional helicopters flying in/out very low + Utapao Airport is app. 15km from the Nang Ram beach. As always fly with caution and dont fly higher than what you really need!

I had to seek permission in regards of a project we handled via Sattahip Commercial Port and it took a couple of days, but was easy to get since our company was client to Sattahip Port. When we asked the Navy they joked and told us "no drones" only helicopters - and I was seriously hoping for an invitation to go on a bigger bird, but then sadly got permission to fly the drone :)

@ Filaofsoul Sattahip is indeed a very nice place. Give me a text if you ever plan to come back to TH and Sattahip, I would be happy to show you around on the naval base and it would be very interesting to hear about all the changes that has happened since your active days at Kilo 1. Do you have any pictures from that time? I would love to see some of them, if you dont mind to share?

BR
Thomas

Sawasdee Krub Kun Thomas,
It was filaofsoul who was based at Kilo 1, im just a normal expat lol.
Thanks for that info, and on reading some of the other comments on this forum, regarding drones in Thailand etc, i will have to be very careful to seek permission all times and not fall foul of the authorities.
There is the question of licences and registrations etc. Have you had to do this?
I am in UK at the moment, and "was" looking to buy a Mavic Pro here. If anyone has advice about that, please let me know.
Are there any Mavic groups/clubs in Thailand, especially in the South Eastern region?
Cheers
Changnoy

Sawasdee Krub Kun Thomas,
It was filaofsoul who was based at Kilo 1, im just a normal expat lol.
Thanks for that info, and on reading some of the other comments on this forum, regarding drones in Thailand etc, i will have to be very careful to seek permission all times and not fall foul of the authorities.
There is the question of licences and registrations etc. Have you had to do this?
I am in UK at the moment, and "was" looking to buy a Mavic Pro here. If anyone has advice about that, please let me know.
Are there any Mavic groups/clubs in Thailand, especially in the South Eastern region?
Cheers
Changnoy

Dear K Changnoy.
If you wish to buy a Mavic Pro, then you can buy mine at a good price since i would like to change to the Mavic 2 Pro :)
I have fly more combo, org low noise props, launch pad and other good add-ons and it has only flown 6 operations. All 3 batteries has only been charged 4 times.
No scratches or anything. It is like new.

Let me know if interested, then we can talk on pm or by phone?

BR
Thomas

I normally live and work in Thailand but in the UK currently and just ordered a mavic pro 2.
In fairness, anything like that new is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper if you go to KL to buy it (even including the flight)

Dear K Changnoy.
If you wish to buy a Mavic Pro, then you can buy mine at a good price since i would like to change to the Mavic 2 Pro :)
I have fly more combo, org low noise props, launch pad and other good add-ons and it has only flown 6 operations. All 3 batteries has only been charged 4 times.
No scratches or anything. It is like new.

Let me know if interested, then we can talk on pm or by phone?

BR
Thomas

Dam n! That sounds like a good deal Thomas, unfortunately i have already bought one, i couldnt wait lol.
Thank you anyway, and hopefully we will chat when i return to Thailand.
Changnoy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine