DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the home of the real Condors

SB Condor

Reactions
Hi.
New to drones. Got my Mavic Air 2 a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. A little scared to really fly it the first week because all I could think about was it flying away forever. Silly hu? After the initial paranoia, I have been working on getting to know every aspect of this drone and working on my flying. Reading and watching everything I can. I love photography and going to very remote places so this is the perfect companion.
Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland SB Condor.

You're going at it with the right attitude. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Hi.
New to drones. Got my Mavic Air 2 a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. A little scared to really fly it the first week because all I could think about was it flying away forever. Silly hu? After the initial paranoia, I have been working on getting to know every aspect of this drone and working on my flying. Reading and watching everything I can. I love photography and going to very remote places so this is the perfect companion.
Thanks for reading
Welcome from Southern Utah!
Sounds like your starting out smart, don't rush out and do a distance test. I started in a park by my home and got used to controlling my drone, increasing distance and height. Trying out the cool Quick Shots. Your in for a lot of fun.
I might suggest you visit the Mavic Air 3 discussions section here.

Good luck, have fun!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and view of the world.

Hi.
Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum! :)
So nice to read of a new pilot taking an intelligent approach; reading the manual, watching and learning from all material already published, etc and not asking why there was a crash. You will made a good ambassador for our hoby and businesses. Thank you and have a blast!

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

The MA2 is a great machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in your part of California. Glad you said you were from Hollister. I was thinking you meant Peru, and would have sent you a link for a Spanish language manual.

Though I live in Texas, I do most of my flying in No Cal--especially the SF Bay Area. One of my sons (a fellow Mavic pilot) and his fam live in San Mateo. We like to hook up and fly together, often with others. Got some great footage of SF, East and West sides of the GG Bridge, Financial District, East Bay, etc. We'd love to fly S. Marin County and Angel Is, but they're NFZs.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone". Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn how to find it. We have over 120,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

The MA2 is a great machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in your part of California. Glad you said you were from Hollister. I was thinking you meant Peru, and would have sent you a link for a Spanish language manual.

Though I live in Texas, I do most of my flying in No Cal--especially the SF Bay Area. One of my sons (a fellow Mavic pilot) and his fam live in San Mateo. We like to hook up and fly together, often with others. Got some great footage of SF, East and West sides of the GG Bridge, Financial District, East Bay, etc. We'd love to fly S. Marin County and Angel Is, but they're NFZs.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone". Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn how to find it. We have over 120,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf
Ya, sooo many cool opportunities for great shot. I work in Hollister and live in Bozeman, MT. More great stuff to film. I have one of my vids from the coast I would like to post, just have to figure out how since it is so big.
Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69