DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the Sunshine Coast mini 2)

Welcome from another Sunny Coaster in Noosa.
Great hobby and lots of opportunities for flying around here.
Take time to with flying the bird before focusing on the photography to reduce the stress!
Enjoy the forum
Thank you. Yes, I think manual flight is critical to survival of the Mini so that's first order of business.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001

Small steps.
Learn to fly well first, then the intricacies of photos / video.
(Take a first flight photo by all means, always good to remember that.)

I have found 3 things are great for new pilots.

1. Reading the general, crash analysis, and specific aircraft (Mini 2) forums here.
2. Search YouTube for DJI Mini 2 first flight, DJI Mini 2 settings, later on DJI Mini 2 camera settings.
3. Download the full manual, print it if desired, but read it when you forget how to do something, a few times at least to soak it in, save it to PDF on your device is good to refer to in the field.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/20210222/DJI_Mini_2_User_Manual_EN.pdf

First flights in a nice open area, no trees, plenty of flat grass like an empty park or oval.
Beginner mode is good to start off, most won't stay on that too long, maybe half an hour then onto normal flight mode.
Leave sports mode for a little while, or with great care.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Some areas. Need to be mindful of the Redcliffe airport. Around Lake Samsonvale - just hard at times to find somewhere without people.

Some areas. Need to be mindful of the Redcliffe airport. Around Lake Samsonvale - just hard at times to find somewhere without people.
Ha, I live under one of the Caloundra airstrip flight paths, so geo zone unlocking has become a habit. Lots of space at the Passage but I'm not going near water yet..

Love flying over the water.
No trees!
As my little mishap at Mapleton Falls
testifies😒

Over water will be fine, my advice while getting accustomed is to fly with plenty of altitude for safety.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard