DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Wallsend UK

Grahamerob

Reactions
Hello people
I have been looking at this forum for a few weeks now after getting my Mavic pro. My name is Grahame and I'm from Wallsend in the UK.

Since getting my Mavic I've been getting as much practice as possible clocking up over 4 hours of flying in 2 weeks and about 10km in total flight distance.

Hopefully my technique will get better with the help of posts on here and will try and get some sort of movie done soon. The 2 big hurdles for me are flying it over water which is a shame because I live about 4 miles from the beautiful North East coast and flying it more than 100m away from me even though I can still see it I just can't seem to break this psychological barrier. Below is one of my first pictures from my back garden which I love.20180724_225134.jpg

Well that's all for now
Cheers Grahame

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Great photo!
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Nice photo! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome fellow toon dweller :). I just joined this forum last week after getting my Mavic Pro platinum a couple weeks back. I’ve managed just over 2 hours flying so far as I’ve been watching a good few YouTube videos to try and tinker with the camera, drone and gimble settings and think I’m just about there with it. When I’m back at my desk tomorrow I’ll chuck some links your way which have been quite helpful for me.

Here’s a couple of shots I’ve taken so far from around the area, they should be fairly familiar to you :)

I’ve been quite brave and had it out over the water already, not too far tho. My theory is tho if it falls outta the sky for whatever reason from 300ft it’s gonna be toast regardless of where it falls so just go for it and enjoy :)

Attachments

• EE0BFD03-F618-45BF-AA6A-C2F34A173F37.jpeg
    EE0BFD03-F618-45BF-AA6A-C2F34A173F37.jpeg
    631.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2AFC1EB5-DA3F-42BF-9AAD-81140BE9B302.jpeg
    2AFC1EB5-DA3F-42BF-9AAD-81140BE9B302.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 32D6AC93-FB84-4563-AB6A-3B0BFF515963.jpeg
    32D6AC93-FB84-4563-AB6A-3B0BFF515963.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 825630AF-1B95-4AC6-A5E0-432450932144.jpeg
    825630AF-1B95-4AC6-A5E0-432450932144.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 3
Hello people
I have been looking at this forum for a few weeks now after getting my Mavic pro. My name is Grahame and I'm from Wallsend in the UK.

Since getting my Mavic I've been getting as much practice as possible clocking up over 4 hours of flying in 2 weeks and about 10km in total flight distance.

Hopefully my technique will get better with the help of posts on here and will try and get some sort of movie done soon. The 2 big hurdles for me are flying it over water which is a shame because I live about 4 miles from the beautiful North East coast and flying it more than 100m away from me even though I can still see it I just can't seem to break this psychological barrier. Below is one of my first pictures from my back garden which I love.View attachment 42767

Well that's all for now
Cheers Grahame
Howdy from Wyoming @Grahamerob , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi I’m Ki I recently purchased a Mavic Air, first DJI I own and loving it, I come from owning a Yuneec Breeze. I’m from Puerto Rico and this drone is amazing for nature photography.

Hello people

Hopefully my technique will get better with the help of posts on here and will try and get some sort of movie done soon. The 2 big hurdles for me are flying it over water which is a shame because I live about 4 miles from the beautiful North East coast and flying it more than 100m away from me even though I can still see it I just can't seem to break this psychological barrier. Below is one of my first pictures from my back garden which I love.View attachment 42767

Well that's all for now
Cheers Grahame
Ha Guys, welcome!

Grahame, don't worry too much about the water! Get yourself to a level where you are comfortable with the Mavic, that you trust that it follows your commands. Then, whenever you are ready, take it over the water. Don't go too far at first, and maybe make sure to fly into the wind at first. That way, you're bound to be able to fly back with the wind in case anything goes pear shaped.
Also, fly at altitude first. In normal flight, altitude equals safety. This goes for your drone as well, no need to fly at wave top level on your first endeavors!
Take care, and looking forward to seeing those first movies!

Hello people

Hopefully my technique will get better with the help of posts on here and will try and get some sort of movie done soon. The 2 big hurdles for me are flying it over water which is a shame because I live about 4 miles from the beautiful North East coast and flying it more than 100m away from me even though I can still see it I just can't seem to break this psychological barrier. Below is one of my first pictures from my
Hello people

Well that's all for now
Cheers Grahame
Hi Grahame, I live just across the coast road from you. I was just wondering if you had had to apply for any permissions to fly from your garden being in a congested area? Cheers.

Hello people

Well that's all for now
Cheers Grahame
Welcome Grahame, lots of useful tips here on this site. I also had the psychological barrier about flying more than about 200 metres away, take your time until you feel confident enough, Mavic air 2 is my first serious drone but I am beginning to trust it with further distances. Just don't go behind buildings or objects that block view, take care of overhead electricity wires and other advice given here and you can fly it for as far as you can see it, it's up to you and no one else how long that takes.

Hi Grahame, I live just across the coast road from you. I was just wondering if you had had to apply for any permissions to fly from your garden being in a congested area? Cheers.
Sorry but he hasn’t been logged in since August of last year.?‍♂️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird