DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Washington state

sberfield

Reactions
Hi from Woodinville, WA - Just received my Mavic Air - the first commercial quad I've ever had. Used to build and fly my own a few years ago and drifted away from the hobby. Saw the specs and size of the Air and decided to jump back in. Now it just has to stop raining for a bit so I can learn the ropes with it.

Glad to find a great community to bug with my dumb questions :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi from Woodinville, WA - Just received my Mavic Air - the first commercial quad I've ever had. Used to build and fly my own a few years ago and drifted away from the hobby. Saw the specs and size of the Air and decided to jump back in. Now it just has to stop raining for a bit so I can learn the ropes with it.

Glad to find a great community to bug with my dumb questions :)
Howdy from Wyoming @sberfield , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR QUICK START GUIDE: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

I am up in Granite Falls WA. I know how you feel I got my mavic Pro January 22nd and have to run out and fly when the rain stops.

Hope you see the sun sometime. When I first moved to Seattle to go to the UW, it rained almost every day for 7 months, except for the two days when we were surrounded by fog all day! Move across the mountains to the desert. It’s currently bright sunshine outside without a cloud in the sky and 42 deg F. It’s time to charge up some batteries!

Any more Washington peeps on here , would love to go fly some cool spots and maybe learn some camera and video stuff.

Hope you see the sun sometime. When I first moved to Seattle to go to the UW, it rained almost every day for 7 months, except for the two days when we were surrounded by fog all day! Move across the mountains to the desert. It’s currently bright sunshine outside without a cloud in the sky and 42 deg F. It’s time to charge up some batteries!
I like to joke we call two consecutive days of rain the weekend.

Any more Washington peeps on here , would love to go fly some cool spots and maybe learn some camera and video stuff.
I don't know if we can ever meet up to fly, I'm in the Kirkland area myself, but I do like to hike in your area. I intend to film some of it with my Mavic Pro and have been practicing in a local green belt trail system after practicing in an open area. And that's my advise to you. Use these forums like crazy. Practice maneuvers in a big open field, then practice them in the close up situations you might find yourself in. Keep in mind the FAA regulations for hobbyists, and pay attention to local flight patterns for low flying aircraft. You are in a helicopter zone so keep a very good eye out for those when going over tree top level...

Some people have issues with Know Before You fly, but that's politics. They have great information to get started with.
Recreational Users | Know Before You Fly

Reactions: REO’s MavAir
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miniguy2mavic