DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi I crashed my Mavic 2 zoom today .

CW57

Reactions
Crashed into three and camera with gimbal came lose , totally separated, from drone. Drone okay and fly without the camera. Anybody with same experience? Can this be fixed easy?

You should upload some pictures to see if there is any damge and what exactly happend. Normaly is quite easy to swapp gimbal withe the camera.

Attached foto showing the damage

Attachments

• 4357A0A2-E0FD-4C3E-A602-E42B080AA949.jpeg
    4357A0A2-E0FD-4C3E-A602-E42B080AA949.jpeg
    983.1 KB · Views: 504
  • 4BD0FF5F-5921-4A97-B9FE-06E56B2D4F6B.jpeg
    4BD0FF5F-5921-4A97-B9FE-06E56B2D4F6B.jpeg
    983.1 KB · Views: 480
Crashed into three and camera with gimbal came lose , totally separated, from drone. Drone okay and fly without the camera. Anybody with same experience? Can this be fixed easy?

Sorry - that lots awful. Did you purchase the DJI insurance? If so, contact them about using it to file a claim.

Speaking of insurance I tried wit my local insurance agent
For commercial applications it was 575 per year any one knowof anything cheaper

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe someone could comment ons reasons why the drone did not RTH on the spot like one week before just after I installed the latest firmware. I did calibrate the compass a week ago at a place +/- 100 km from where I crashed yesterday - could this be the reason why suddenly it try to land about 3 meters from takeoff spot.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe someone could comment ons reasons why the drone did not RTH on the spot like one week before just after I installed the latest firmware. I did calibrate the compass a week ago at a place +/- 100 km from where I crashed yesterday - could this be the reason why suddenly it try to land about 3 meters from takeoff spot.
Post your flight log. DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Speaking of insurance I tried wit my local insurance agent
For commercial applications it was 575 per year any one knowof anything cheaper

$575 per year for insurance on a DJi Mavic Pro 2 Zoom is way, way to much money to spend! Have you had a lot of claims recently from who you received that quote? What is the deductable? I would have them do a print out or email that with all the information. Good luck!

you can but the whole ting on ebay for about $310 easy to repair 6 screws and a ribbon cable

DJI care refresh

Drone was busy landing about 2to3 meters from home point and i realized the problem when drone was very close to the three. This is where I made a mistake - trying to move drone to the right I move it to the left -right into the tree

Drone was busy landing about 2to3 meters from home point and i realized the problem when drone was very close to the three. This is where I made a mistake - trying to move drone to the right I move it to the left -right into the tree

I'm going to make a recommendation to DJI for the next advancement in automation. When the drone is returning or coming back to you, the joy sticks for left and right should automatically be reversed. That is turning and the direct left right movement (still don't have my terms down) would be the opposite. So when coming toward me, pressing the left joy stick to the left will turn the drone to my left. I've got up/down pretty figured out. (g)

Never a claim DagDernit, I use Farm Bureau in NC they went outside the box. and initially told me a grand and I went to same company they quoted me 500+ a year

I'm going to make a recommendation to DJI for the next advancement in automation. When the drone is returning or coming back to you, the joy sticks for left and right should automatically be reversed. That is turning and the direct left right movement (still don't have my terms down) would be the opposite. So when coming toward me, pressing the left joy stick to the left will turn the drone to my left. I've got up/down pretty figured out. (g)

Imagine you are sitting in the drone... works for me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1