DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi I crashed my Mavic 2 zoom today .

I'm going to make a recommendation to DJI for the next advancement in automation. When the drone is returning or coming back to you, the joy sticks for left and right should automatically be reversed. That is turning and the direct left right movement (still don't have my terms down) would be the opposite. So when coming toward me, pressing the left joy stick to the left will turn the drone to my left. I've got up/down pretty figured out. (g)

They already have this. it's called "Headless mode". However it is rarely of any use.

Left should always be aircraft left, same like RC cars, boats, planes, etc. Especially now we all have FPV view. If you look on the screen and move left but the drone moved right because it is facing you, bad things will happen.

Reactions: lightstalker
They already have this. it's called "Headless mode". However it is rarely of any use.

Left should always be aircraft left, same like RC cars, boats, planes, etc. Especially now we all have FPV view. If you look on the screen and move left but the drone moved right because it is facing you, bad things will happen.

It would also make a lot of manoeuvres really difficult. Imagine trying to fly in a circle and having to slowly transition from turning left to turning right and keeping it all nice and smooth!

Reactions: lightstalker
Speaking of insurance I tried wit my local insurance agent
For commercial applications it was 575 per year any one knowof anything cheaper

I recently got insurance through State Farm on my Mavic 2 Zoom and it’s only 60 a year. Far better deal than Refresh in my opinion. No deductible either :)

state farm $60.00 a year .in Ohio

They generally require that you already have home or auto insurance policies with them before insuring your drone for only $60.00. If you don't have their insurance few reps will insure you. And for one who has 4 drones insured with them, the question is what happens if you make a claim? Will your other policies go up? Not sure on that.

Sometimes IMHO these units will lull you into a sense of false security. It is still imperative pilots learn to pilot WITHOUT the automated RTH.

Practice, practice and then practice so more. If you see the red front lights, your input is reversed. If you see the Green (hopefully) single light, your input is normal. I do not agree in having the controls reversed during retuns for many reasons.

Yes now I agree to not depend on outomated functions but fly it myself. Hard way to learn but still need lots of practicing. This is my first drone baught less than two months ago.

Yes now I agree to not depend on outomated functions but fly it myself. Hard way to learn but still need lots of practicing. This is my first drone baught less than two months ago.

We've all had "accidents" to some degree resulting in no damage or extensive damage. It comes with the turf. You can get it repaired and you're back in business probably flying more conservatively. For myself, I had to remember the importance of the PAUSE button. When my MP wanted to RTH under tree branches I forgot to hit the PAUSE and it elevated into the branches falling 50 feet. I half caught it preventing serious damage but it was another learning lesson for me that could have easily been prevented.

Last edited:
They generally require that you already have home or auto insurance policies with them before insuring your drone for only $60.00. If you don't have their insurance few reps will insure you. And for one who has 4 drones insured with them, the question is what happens if you make a claim? Will your other policies go up? Not sure on that.

My Zoom is currently insured through State Farm for $60/year. And I don't have home or auto insurance with them.

Reactions: ff22
My Zoom is currently insured through State Farm for $60/year. And I don't have home or auto insurance with them.
Our rep did that until he got burned by "out of towners" making damage claims in a short period of time. Now he insures only with current clients. I sense other agents will take this tact in time.

Crashed into three and camera with gimbal came lose , totally separated, from drone. Drone okay and fly without the camera. Anybody with same experience? Can this be fixed easy?
It looks easy to replace.

Easy to replace but cannot find another camera with gimbal in South Africa. Nobody seems to have stock available. My camera with gimbal seems to be in good shape but need gimbal assembly - again no parts available yet . Is there anybody who have parts to repair my zoom -maybe parts which is usable if your camera was replaced?

Try WEFIX woodmead branch
They are registered dji repair guys
But slow...

Also

Mickey is a freelance drone repair guy
082 051 3201
He will request you ship it to him using PostNet
He's really good... And gets proper dji parts
He's also way cheaper and faster.
Say Rob from Linksfield referred u

Hope this helps

This is an easy one I use FPV to fly towards me if it is from a long distance away in other words I'll be looking at my phone video to get home and then when it's within maybe 20 m of me I flip the drone around to look away from me and I just fly left right up down normally and it responds perfectly to my commands as I watch it

I'm going to make a recommendation to DJI for the next advancement in automation. When the drone is returning or coming back to you, the joy sticks for left and right should automatically be reversed. That is turning and the direct left right movement (still don't have my terms down) would be the opposite. So when coming toward me, pressing the left joy stick to the left will turn the drone to my left. I've got up/down pretty figured out. (g)
Remember to think like if you are sitting inside flying the drone looking out the front. Helps big time with keeping it straight. Also using your display to know its flying position.

Reactions: ff22
Remember to think like if you are sitting inside flying the drone looking out the front. Helps big time with keeping it straight. Also using your display to know its flying position.

A few people have made that suggestion. It works and then I screw it up!

Try WEFIX woodmead branch
They are registered dji repair guys
But slow...

Also

Mickey is a freelance drone repair guy
082 051 3201
He will request you ship it to him using PostNet
He's really good... And gets proper dji parts
He's also way cheaper and faster.
Say Rob from Linksfield referred u

Hope this helps
Thanks Rob, I will contact them