DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi lost my drone went yo find my drone followed find my drone but it was s not

Come on guys it's his first post and sure he is not US based .
@Molly123 welcome to the forum but to help you we need a lot more info than you have posted .
Tell us where you are at and what happened and someone will be more than happy to help you .

Thanks in avance
I live in Scotland lwas flying my mavic at culzeanbay everything was charged up i was in the air about ten minutes then got a message aircraft lost connection No connection and that was it i tried everything to get control it was high 197m up above my head then i started to go forward to ge a picture and that's when no connection came on i think it just came down i went ftofind my drone followed the green line till i was on top of it but it was not there looked all around the field nothing i no if it malfunction and came down from that hight it will be in bits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180819-171827.png
    Screenshot_20180819-171827.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20180819-180938.png
    Screenshot_20180819-180938.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 144
Thanks in avance
I live in Scotland lwas flying my mavic at culzeanbay everything was charged up i was in the air about ten minutes then got a message aircraft lost connection No connection and that was it i tried everything to get control it was high 197m up above my head then i started to go forward to ge a picture and that's when no connection came on i think it just came down i went ftofind my drone followed the green line till i was on top of it but it was not there looked all around the field nothing i no if it malfunction and came down from that hight it will be in bits.
hi
the end of the green line is were it would have lost connection, not were you will find it.
at that point it was still at 179m altitude and would not have dropped to the ground there.
what settings for RTH did you have.

Reactions: dirkclod
We need the log files to even begin.

Also 197m is illegal in the UK with some fairly large fines introduced in July for violating it. You're also flying it beyond line of sight which is also a criminal offence in the UK.

Some basic punctuation would help too. Are you really Scottish with English language as poor as that?!

17mph wind surface with that, a lot has a headwind component for coming back.

Looks like he flew too far (illegally far, illegally high), lost signal, drone tried to RTH and couldn't.

Limited sympathy given the flight parameters listed, especially the proximity to Prestwick airport.

Last edited:
Molly there was no need for the thread looking for @sar104 as he has been flagged twice now.
FYI when you type out a members name as you have seen they will get a flag and read it .
Hang tight till he or one of the others that can help you post and just ignore the post that are worthless .
Do the best you can with what knowledge you have and you will be alright .

You flew the drone in a strong wind at a very high (and illegal) altitude at a distance well beyond VLOS.

Prestwick was reporting winds 15kts gusting 20 at the time and those are SURFACE winds so far higher at the altitude you were at.

Connection would be lost, the drone would have tried to return home, failed into the wind and drifted with it until it force landed due to low battery.
It'll be found somewhere between where contact was lost and the home point, or possibly a bit north due to the wind gusts.

100% your fault, broke a few laws in the process and lost the drone. Expensive mistake.
Next time read the Drone Code ( Drone code - Dronesafe ) and take more care.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Have not had it since may so did not kcheck me setting I was no any where near preswick Airport and it was heading out to sea i may have broken some law's that at the time i was not aware of and do go by the rules

You're 5nm from Prestwick and inside the ATZ.

You broke several laws. "Not being aware" is absolutely no excuse. You check these things before use. "Didnt know the speed limit" won't get you off a speeding fine either.

Fines for altitude violation are now on the spot possible and £2500 or up to 5 years in jail. "Didnt know" is no defence. You also MUST fly within line of sight. 1km is way outside that.
If you DID have it in line of sight you'd have seen where it went.

You took off, went a large distance downwind with a tailwind then the drone couldnt make it back. Operator error there. Did you check the surface wind *and* winds aloft before the flight?

The mavic most likely force landed on reaching critical battery so is intact on the ground (or in a tree). But given connection got lost 1050m+ away that could be anywhere between home and that location in roughly a straight line.

Have not had it since may so did not kcheck me setting I was no any where near preswick Airport and it was heading out to sea i may have broken some law's that at the time i was not aware of and do go by the rules
Ignore the lecture from the drone police , I hope you find it anyway
Theres No need for it. Everyone makes mistakes. Just hope you learn from them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna