DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High current

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I got a high current warning the other day, fully pinned in sport mode, of course.

I suspect this is tied to the high winds at the time (got a few warnings for that too).

When flying crosswind I believe at least 2 of the motors are probably working extra hard and at/over their current rating. IMO DJI should automatically compensate, but reducing the "forward" pitch a little is ample to keep things under the bar.

Can anyone confirm that the "high current" warning arrives in high wind conditions? Is it headwind or x-wind?

Reactions: jdcntulsa
I got a high current warning the other day, fully pinned in sport mode, of course.

I suspect this is tied to the high winds at the time (got a few warnings for that too).

When flying crosswind I believe at least 2 of the motors are probably working extra hard and at/over their current rating. IMO DJI should automatically compensate, but reducing the "forward" pitch a little is ample to keep things under the bar.

Can anyone confirm that the "high current" warning arrives in high wind conditions? Is it headwind or x-wind?

Yes, I've seen that warning as well in sport mode with maximum pitch and elevator. Those two inputs will draw the most power as it is trying to ascend and go max speed at the same time. Gusts of wind also force extra compensation from the motors.

I watched a video, where the gentleman got high current warning just shooting some video. The MP just started dropping, continued till it was lost in some rapids. Just be cautious.

I watched a video, where the gentleman got high current warning just shooting some video. The MP just started dropping, continued till it was lost in some rapids. Just be cautious.

Sounds like he had other issues, like a bad motor drawing too much power. Only the logs have the real story.

I saw that video. I think that dude flew his in way too cold of a condition.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear