DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Speed Object what is it ?

I'm also leaning in the bug direction, although the dandelion idea isn't half bad either. However, if it was not a windy day, it seems less likely that a dandelion seed would be up that high. At first, it seems like it's far away, but without knowing its actual size, it's just as likely to be close.

I also agree with ms coast that it's impressive you even saw that thing. It took a few tries, but I did eventually get it stopped on the screen. Cannot tell what shape it is, but it's definitely something there for the briefest of moments. Just curious, do you watch all your videos at 1/4 speed or were you able to see this at regular speed? Kind of makes me want to go back and slow some of mine down.

You said you got it a 2nd time on the return trip? Was it going the same speed? If so, that would tend to lend credence to the dandelion seed.
Dandelion seeds and similar things don't need wind to reach high altitudes. Even a small thermal rising off a parking lot or even a patio can carry them up thousands of feet. When I was flying gliders, I once saw a plastic bag at over 2000 feet.

Out with my Mavic 3 a few days ago & when reviewing the footage later that night I noticed a small very fast moving white object heading in the opposite direction as me, this day had no wind at all hence me up flying, also noticed it flying back to the same place from the opposite direction on my return journey, any ideas what it could be ?
Youtube has really dulled it down, looks a lot sharper on my captured video, but not too easy to see when viewed on here.

View attachment 150291

You will have to tell us what it is as there is nothing flying in the video except you. It seems that not one pixel is displaced by anything

Don't bother, as some have said it was probably just an airborne dandelion seed caught in thermals, you can only see it in high-res 4k mode watched at Youtube when speed is set to 0.25 anyway, it's that fast on the flyby.

just an airborne dandelion seed
Just a bit of dandelion trivia for y'all...

In German it's called a Löwenzahn, meaning lion's tooth.
In English, it's dandelion? Where'd that come from?

Well, it's from the French. Dent-de-lion, also meaning tooth of the lion. But here in Quebec they don't call it that. Instead it's pissenlit, meaning pee in bed. Huh, why??

Just a bit of dandelion trivia for y'all...

In German it's called a Löwenzahn, meaning lion's tooth.
In English, it's dandelion? Where'd that come from?

Well, it's from the French. Dent-de-lion, also meaning tooth of the lion. But here in Quebec they don't call it that. Instead it's pissenlit, meaning pee in bed. Huh, why??
It's because of the way the flower smells. Just like stale dried urine.

Reactions: Zbip57
Thanks, I slowed it down and can see it at 2 seconds in Top center to right movement. It sure does look like its 1 and a half miles in front of ya, but our eyes and our cameras play trix on us. Might be a glint of sunlight bouncing off something or the camera or sdcard lost a pixel then it got compressed and now its pixie dust. Very cool though. thanks for sharing it. And thanks for letting me know im not as blind as i think with my 19 inch monitor

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77