DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HLG will not remain enabled

trwalp

Reactions
After shooting some HLG and DLOG landscape footage a couple days ago I could not see any difference in FCPX. MediaInfo showed no difference between the files except for the filename and duration. (Is there a definitive way to tell if an A2s .mov file was shot in HLG or DLOG??)

So today I configured the camera for DLOG and shot a DCS OneShot and other test subjects. That worked fine.

I then tried switching the camera to HLG. It highlighted as if enabled, but upon switching to camera view I saw the zoom icon, which suggested that it was in Normal mode. Checking the camera setting I found it on Normal. I tried switching to HLG a few more times , from Normal and from DLOG, but it will not remain in HLG -- instead it always reverts to Normal. the last used color profile.

The iOS Fly app was updated yesterday (11/4) to 1.5.0, which caused a firmware update to 02.04.2080. Also note that I uninstalled the Fly app, did a full power down of the iPhone, and then reinstalled Fly. No change.

Although I could not see any difference between the earlier HLG and DLOG footage previously, that suggests that HLG was working previously (the footage definitely did not look like Normal footage). Now I realize that the camera is reverting back to DLOG, which is why the files look the same.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: pfreehft
I connected an iPad Mini with 1.4.8 Fly on it to my A2s controller, and found that HLG stays enabled and works. Is this a bug in the new 1.5.0 iOS release?

Last edited:
I connected an iPad Mini with 1.4.8 Fly on it to my A2s controller, and found that HLG stays enabled and works. Is this a bug in the new 1.5.0 iOS release?
No. The problem is in DJI FLY 1.5.0. The Mavic 3 has no HLG support and somehow they managed to screw that up for Air2s. There may well be more issues along those lines. They obviously did not test this app well before pushing it out. Worse, there is no official way to go back on IOS. At least on Android one is able to find 1.4.12 (1430) release version of a couple of weeks ago. I managed to restore it on my Smart Controller. It took a little doing because you have to use the "reinstall factory version" before it accepted the down-version apk. Glad it worked. HLG mode is ALL I use on my Air2s. The colors, shadows and highlights after processing through Resolve 17.2 are just so much better than the D-log alternative.

No. The problem is in DJI FLY 1.5.0. The Mavic 3 has no HLG support and somehow they managed to screw that up for Air2s. There may well be more issues along those lines. They obviously did not test this app well before pushing it out. Worse, there is no official way to go back on IOS. At least on Android one is able to find 1.4.12 (1430) release version of a couple of weeks ago. I managed to restore it on my Smart Controller. It took a little doing because you have to use the "reinstall factory version" before it accepted the down-version apk. Glad it worked. HLG mode is ALL I use on my Air2s. The colors, shadows and highlights after processing through Resolve 17.2 are just so much better than the D-log alternative.

While there is no way to downgrade from the App Store, the video linked below uses iMazing to export an old app as an IPA file from one device, then install it in another. However, the video deals with an app that is no longer in the App Store. When I tried the same technique, the Library lists Fly v1.5.0, even though the connected iPad Mini has 1.4.8 on it, which is confirmed in the Device tab list of apps. But iMazing offers no way to "Export .IPA" from the Device tab; only from the Library tab. The resulting exported IPA is v1.5.0.

SO CLOSE!!!

Here's a link to the video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet