DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hoi from Holland

umushtaq

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm an expat living in The Netherlands. I am considering buying the Mini at the moment so going through all the useful tips and information.
After a rough search, I see a lot of minis crashing and disappearing due to the strong winds.
How is your opinion about the Mavic Mini w.r.t the winds (The Netherlands)?

Cheers

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have had many fun flights. Use your judgement, wisely. If it is windy enough to fly a kite, fly a kite. ;) Save your MM for a calm day. Just my experience. Enjoy your safe flying.

I know the Netherlands can have wind that makes Kansas look tame. I was there last summer and winds were 45 mph! You will get more favorable flying with either a Mavic Air or a Mavic Pro 2.
A free app, UAV Forecast will give you winds at different altitudes. It will amaze you how much variation there can be depending on altitude on certain days.

Hi all,

I'm an expat living in The Netherlands. I am considering buying the Mini at the moment so going through all the useful tips and information.
After a rough search, I see a lot of minis crashing and disappearing due to the strong winds.
How is your opinion about the Mavic Mini w.r.t the winds (The Netherlands)?

Cheers
Welkom vanuit Curacao.

Reactions: umushtaq
Hi from another drone pilot from the Netherlands. I live in the windy part of the country and from what I have seen on utube is that the MM is very wind sensitive. I fly the Mavic Air which is more suitable for windy conditions.

Hi. After seeing some tens of videos on drones, I decided to go with the mini as my first drone to start with. I wish to learn flying and then upgrade when im confident.
Mini vs. wind in the NL is my biggest concern as where i live is mostly windy [apart from a complete NFZ ?]
Hows the Air doing in the winds? Could you also kindly share some tips to fly in the NL? Thanks

You will see a lot of posts in Mavic Pilots regarding Minis getting lost from high winds. Keep it close and low until you get some experience (like 10 hours airtime). Remember, winds are always stronger aloft, so if you start to lose it in the wind, get it low as quickly as you can.
Check out the free app, UAV Forecast. It will give you winds at varying altitudes.

Hi. After seeing some tens of videos on drones, I decided to go with the mini as my first drone to start with. I wish to learn flying and then upgrade when im confident.
Mini vs. wind in the NL is my biggest concern as where i live is mostly windy [apart from a complete NFZ ?]
Hows the Air doing in the winds? Could you also kindly share some tips to fly in the NL? Thanks

With the Mavic Air I have had no problems with wind. That piece of kit can handle wind speed up to 36kmh. Even a little bit more. About flying I always abide by the rules so NFZ is a no go for me. For the rest I fly everywhere I can. Have fun flying and take care.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. Been to the Netherlands, loved it, Chicago is very Windy most of the time especially by the lake. I fly stunt Kites, in high winds, 15 MPH or lower I fly my Mavic, 25 to 40 mile winds I fly my Stunt kites. In 40 MPH winds, they will pull me off the ground, and they just roar in that kind of wind, 3 of them hooked up 3 feet apart. I fly two MP.s, in winds over 10 MPH I gradually gain height, to see what winds do to my MP. Only had a fly away once, brought it down quick, RTH did not work, brought it down a block away. MM, is super light. I hear about more fly away's with that little guy then any other drone. So, be careful, fly on calm days, fly safe.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan