DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hola! from Southern Spain

Otyikondo

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi. I am a complete drone novice, at the ripe old age of 68. Formerly British, long-since naturalised as a Finnish citizen, and currently wintering in the south of Spain (Estepona).

Two days ago I "inherited" a Mavic Mini Combo from a guest visiting us from New York. The device had lain dormant in its case for the best part of two years, but we got it flying, after discovering that the propellers had been incorrectly installed (!!!!) by a helpful (???) salesman at the B&H store on 9th Avenue. Our guest, having got the bug, decided he wished immediately to upgrade to something bigger and grander, and assured me that I would become a way-cool grandfather with a drone in my arsenal Then he left me with this device.

I shall do my best not to ask dumb questions, but to read first. Most urgent will be getting legal in Spain - I'm assuming I need to register even a small craft like this with the local branch of the EASA., I already found one thread that seems to imply this.

Looking forward to learning a new skill... baby steps, baby steps.

W.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response! Fly safe and stay safe!

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Many thanks to all for the kind words of welcome. Now that I've got Xmas and New Year out of the way, I might even be able to acquaint myself a bit more with this here drone, and even participate in discussions when something I don't understand comes up.

I do have a slightly worrying sensation that this Mavic Mini I have "inherited" from my brother may be a gateway drug, and that this will not end well for my credit card balance. My wife has already made her suspicions on that score quite clear. :cool:

P.S. I got myself legal by registering with Traficom, who operate as the Finnish arm of EASA, and satisfying their operator competence requirements through an online test.

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute