DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Holy Stone Remote ID module now available

Been available for quite some time now. Buyers should know this module isn't just for Holy Stone drone(s) despite such references in other places. It will work with pretty much any drone and it has an FAA DoC. I plan to get one myself for my Autel; looks like a pretty good module.

Reactions: jaja6009
I got my Holy Stone RID's and what can I say, I like them and my Anafi Thermal and Mavic 2 Enterprise will be compliant.

They are small and according to Holy Stone weigh 13.9 grams so hopefully it won't tax the tiny Anafi too much.
Factoring in the price, availability and weight, I am pretty happy.

Now to come up with a mounting solution.

1697412176395.png

This what I am seeing at this link: Amazon.com

Order Summary​

Items:$59.99
Shipping & handling:$0.00
Your Coupon Savings:-$12.00
Exclusive Promotion Applied:-$6.00

Total before tax:$41.99
Estimated tax to be collected:*$3.xx
Total:$45.xx

I am not sure what that product is.

Here is what I bought.

I just searched for Holy Stone Remote ID module in the Amazon Search field up top while in the Amazon website.

1698347610776.png

Apparently this is the link to the discounted version of the same HS RID and it’s a link provided by HS because you won’t be able to find it normally by searching Amazon. I don’t endorse anything but I have the HS broadcast module and it works well with any drone I attach it to and it has a DoC and I can see it with the Android scanner apps.

Reactions: jaja6009
Hi all,

I got a Holy Stone RID unit yesterday and would like to share that it works fine for me, and the little frustrations...
The QR Code in the little user's manual was corrupt and took me to a site that wanted to charge me $48 per month for God knows what. Not knowing what anything looks like, i balked at that and used Holy Stones chat feature, which was tended and answered in a minute. The agent let me know this was a problem and suggested I scan the QR Code in their on-line doc instead:

That worked, but I wasted an hour or so trying to make it work on my Pixel 6. Then I stumbled across an article that says Pixel 6 is one of the Androids that is not compatible with their app and only lists a few that are known to be compatible.

After these discoveries, it took about two minutes to get it set up and working when I installed the HS DroneGo2 on an older Samsung G7.

I'll be using it on my old Inspires, a Pro Platinum, Mavic 2s until they're updated, and the old Typhoons I keep for their cheap CGO-ETs.

I've got AirSentinel, OpenDroneID, and Drone Scanner on my Pixel 6, and they all detect the RID unit instantly, and they also get my Air 2S.

I see lots of problems using these apps and just wanted to post some success, and some hitches...

Reactions: mavic3usa
Got mine about 2 weeks ago and it works fine. It was pretty easy to install but I'm still confused about how to register it with the FAA. I first altered the serial number of the drone I'll be using it with but then heard that you leave that alone and register the module separately??? Otherwise, I think it's working as promised - I was able to pick it up on my phone with the Drone Scanner app and the Holy Stone was reporting the data as intended.