DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home button

Mike stace

Reactions
Hi. I was playing yesterday in beginners mode. From where I was standing I pushed the home button thinking it would come back to where it took off from but this did not seem to be the case. I believe it was going to go back to my house where I originally set it up.

Is there away that wherever I am and where drone takes off from I can push something to make drone come back to where I took off from?

You need to wait for the message 'The home point has been updated' before taking off. Check the map in corner of app to make sure there is a big 'H' flag in your location.

Also will only return home if traveled a certain minimum distance from you to start with, else will just land

Reactions: dirkclod
Is there away that wherever I am and where drone takes off from I can push something to make drone come back to where I took off from?
When your drone gets GPS reception and a good GPS location fix, it will record a home point.
That's the point it will RTH to.

If you want someone to analyse your flight to see what happened and learn from that, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Did you press the button on the controller or the phone/tablet screen? This may be stating the obvious but just to make sure, when you use the RTH button on the controller you need to press and then hold the button similar to when you power on the controller and the drone itself.

Did you press the button on the controller or the phone/tablet screen? This may be stating the obvious but just to make sure, when you use the RTH button on the controller you need to press and then hold the button similar to when you power on the controller and the drone itself.
I'm betting that's OP's issue.

If you post in the General forum and ask a question regarding how your Mavic operates, PLEASE indicate your model.

I have a mavic zoom and whilst no issues with the RTH i cannot get it to return to contrallerZoom copy.jpgZoom copy.jpg

... when you use the RTH button on the controller you need to press and then hold the button similar to when you power on the controller and the drone itself.
The RTH button on the RC only needs to be pressed and held until RTH is initiated. It does not take two separate presses like the RC and battery.
I have a mavic zoom and whilst no issues with the RTH i cannot get it to return to controller
As @Johnmcl7 mentioned, your phone/tablet needs a GPS receiver. The RC itself does not have GPS built in so Go 4 gets it's location from the phone/tablet .

The reason it's not not obvious that the RC doesn't have GPS is that the AC and RC are usually near each other during launch. During launch, home point is set to AC's GPS location. It might just seem like it took the RC location since the two are likely close by each other.

How then does google maps etc work ? I though they had gps
Your Mavic has a perfectly good GPS receiver of its own and that's what is used for all flight functions except:
  • Follow-me flight
  • Resetting home to the current location of the controller.
There's nothing else that uses a GPS receiver in the phone or tablet.

Your Mavic has a perfectly good GPS receiver of its own and that's what is used for all flight functions except:
  • Follow-me flight
  • Follow-me flight

The RTH works fine from where it sets off it is only when i ask it to return to controller i get the message Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. Its location cannot be acuired

The RTH works fine from where it sets off it is only when i ask it to return to controller i get the message Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. Its location cannot be acuired
Are you sitting in the shade? under a tree or building??
Its your mobile device GPS thats being used ....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine