DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Point Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingdong

Reactions
I set the home point to the Remote.......will the Mavic always return to the remote from now on....or do I have to keep setting the home point every time I fly....

You don't have to continually set your home point. HP is set to the AC's position on GPS lock and on takeoff. It's usually the AC takeoff you want and not where you're standing with the RC.

However if you walked to the other end of the ball field, then you might want to change your HP to your RC location, which is really the position reported by your mobile GPS, assuming it has one.

I set the home point to the Remote.......will the Mavic always return to the remote from now on....or do I have to keep setting the home point every time I fly....
No it will not.
Setting the home point to the controller only establishes a new home point based on controller location at the time the option was selected. It is not a dynamic (constantly moving) homepoint. It will not return to the controller if you move it and don’t select the option again.

do I have to keep setting the home point every time I fly
The home point is reset each time you turn the drone off and back on. Before taking off, it's best to wait until the home point has been auto set. After that point, you can reset it to a new location if needed.

Reactions: Thomas B
Ok....so the homepoint isnt set to a specific location once and for all.......itr changes as you move location and start drone on the new location?

Ok....so the homepoint isnt set to a specific location once and for all.......itr changes as you move location and start drone on the new location?
It is set to the location, either of the aircraft at take-off or it the position when reset. Recommend check in the manual from DJI.... the complete online only one. Quick google search will get you there.

Its easier to ask questions here but....

No ... whether you use the automatic home point recording or choose to reset the home point, it saves the location of a specific point.
If you choose to reset the home point to the location of the controller, it is just the current location of the controller - not where it might be in future.

Do you really need to reset the home point?
It's not a feature that many flyers would really need.

I did hear a warning that a home point setting is where you originally set it and that when you fly every time make sure you reset it so it doesn't not return home elsewhere than where you are......

I did hear a warning that a home point setting is where you originally set it and that when you fly every time make sure you reset it so it doesn't not return home elsewhere than where you are......
It should reset automatically to it’s current location at each new power up.

Reactions: Dingdong
There's lots of misinformation around (and that "warning" is a good example).

When you power the drone off, it loses whatever home point it has.
When you power it up, it records a new home point and keeps that for the duration of the flight.
It would be crazy if DJI had programmed it any other way.
In normal flying, there should be no need for you to reset the home point at all.

Reactions: Dingdong
There was an issue with the Fly app for Mini on iOS that would not show you the last RTH height setting. Turned out that the last setting was saved, just not displayed on next start of app and instead showed default height of 49ft. It's fixed now.
RTH height is something you should check and adjust for your current flight situation.

There was an issue with the Fly app for Mini on iOS that would not show you the last RTH height setting. Turned out that the last setting was saved, just not displayed on next start of app and instead showed default height of 49ft. It's fixed now.
RTH height is something you should check and adjust for your current flight situation.
The OP was only asking about home points.
There's been no mention of RTH heights and it's hard to see how your comment is at all relevant to his question.

Because his recent wording of "what he heard" sounded like it might be confusion with the RTH height issue.
For a short while, it was recommended to always set your RTH height. Even after the fix, you still should have it on your check list. The purpose of HP is for RTH after all. The H stands for Home.

Because his recent wording of "what he heard" sounded like it might be confusion with the RTH height issue.
Read post #9 again
You are reading things that aren't there at all.
You're on my case an awful lot.
You make quite a few confused and confusing posts.

Last edited:
What OP said in post #9 he heard: "... and that when you fly every time make sure you reset it so it doesn't not return home elsewhere than where you are......"

That's what has been iterated lately about RTH height in the Mini, which was generalised one should always do that anyway. It's certainly a good possibility where OP got his confusion.
Yes, he was talking about hearing about HP setting, but was that actually what was talked about that he thought he heard?

That's what has been iterated lately about RTH height in the Mini, which was generalised one should do that anyway. It's certainly a good possibility where OP got his confusion.
Yes, there's been a lot of discussion about it, but none here except for you.
No-one else was confused and no-one (OP included) thought he was talking about RTH height.
He clearly and specifically mentioned home point setting and wanting to ensure his drone returned to the correct home point.

It was clear and simple but now there are a bunch of posts in this thread trying to clear up the confusion caused by someone going on and on about something quite irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Well, OP never cited his reference, so as far as I'm concerned, he could have very well translated a discussion about RTH height setting for HP setting. Not saying he did, but that seems to me to be the only means he could have gotten that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_