DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Honor, MI

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My house borders the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Nice scenic Class G area. Of course you can’t operate from the lakeshore, but at Empire and Frankfort there is access to Lake Michigan topography.

Right now I’m flying Porcupine Mountains, Black River (careful... Class E2), then Houghton and the Keweenaw Peninsula (Class G). Fun.

Here’s what I did last year...

Reactions: old man mavic
My house borders the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Nice scenic Class G area. Of course you can’t operate from the lakeshore, but at Empire and Frankfort there is access to Lake Michigan topography.

Right now I’m flying Porcupine Mountains, Black River (careful... Class E2), then Houghton and the Keweenaw Peninsula (Class G). Fun.

I just subscribed to your channel. :)

Being from Central Indiana, we are limited on snowmobiling and have to travel north for fun.

Super big fan of the Mackinac Bridge and the history behind it!

The original Big Mack. Long before McDonald's was around.

It's been a while since I rode but some of your footage are places I have been.

Funny thing is, I never seen it without snow everywhere. :D

Thank you for sharing.

Nice video! Does your drone have a zoom function? I ask because I was at the bridge last year... Mackinac Bridge authorities have a no fly zone within 1500 feet of the bridge (and I75). I eventually flew at 1500' away... pictures were not near this close. I contacted them directly... and asked, before flying.

Nice video! Does your drone have a zoom function? I ask because I was at the bridge last year... Mackinac Bridge authorities have a no fly zone within 1500 feet of the bridge (and I75). I eventually flew at 1500' away... pictures were not near this close. I contacted them directly... and asked, before flying.
Thanks, yes it does. But to zoom you have to use 1080p. It’s better to shoot in 4k. I then zoom in at post using FCPX, then smooth out the pixels using the Optical Flow function.

You can quit your day job, that’s a nice piece of work. It inspires me to grab a fishing pole and visit Michigan .
Excellent! Stop by Honor and I’ll show you around. We have lots of lakes.

Reactions: NoviceKNOWnot

Magnificent work!!
Being from Sault Ontario, I’ve had the opportunity to visit all the locales in your film.
Thanks for the the refresh of my memories!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998