DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon Crooked on Mavic 3

Reactions
Site
instagram.com
I’ve had my Mavic 3 for about a month. It flys great, beautiful quality but one thing is really bothering me and it’s how crooked the horizon is. Yeah, I can edit that in post but for a 2200.00 drone, this shouldn’t be an issue. Does anyone else have this issue or had the issue and if so, have you found a fix for it? E23CE1A0-A91D-4FF7-8A3D-8CE1E4F98CC9.jpegE

I’ve had my Mavic 3 for about a month. It flys great, beautiful quality but one thing is really bothering me and it’s how crooked the horizon is. Yeah, I can edit that in post but for a 2200.00 drone, this shouldn’t be an issue. Does anyone else have this issue or had the issue and if so, have you found a fix for it? View attachment 152012E
Have you calibrated the gimbal? It's on the Control tab of the Fly app menu. There's an auto calibration that you can use on the ground with the drone on a level surface and a manual calibration that you can use in flight.

Reactions: visualsbypedro
I didn’t move this here, the admins did, I actually want to delete it but not sure how.
Contact any mod for deletion, as to your problem the gimbal horizon is tied directly into the IMU and it's Calibration, so might want to do one of those. You also have manual control of Gimbal horizon in App..might want to research features and how to do that. IF no luck I would send it back and request repair replace, you may have got a bit of a lemon unfortunately.

Reactions: visualsbypedro
I am not sure about this but it has been reported (not specifically for the Mavic 3 but all drones from DJI), that you lift off from a place that is quite uneven, these deviations can happen. In DJI Fly you however can tilt the horizon manually too while in flight.

Normally it should level upon start up with the gimbal dance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa