DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizontal Camera Control

Marv

Reactions
Can you control the camera horizontally? I know it can be controlled up and down but can it be controlled left and right without moving the drone?

Can you control the camera horizontally? I know it can be controlled up and down but can it be controlled left and right without moving the drone?
Just hold your finger on the screen and swipe side to side. You would see a blue circle under your finger. If not, then it is not included in the Zoom.
I would think DJI would have incorporated that into both versions.

Reactions: Sean M2Pro

yes you can controlled the camera left and right on both version...just placed your finger on screen and swipe left and right!!

Someone mentioned you could to it whti the control wheel on the RC too on the Pro.

Can someone help me understand when this would be useful? I used to just yaw the craft and fly is sort of sideways if needed.

Can someone help me understand when this would be useful? I used to just yaw the craft and fly is sort of sideways if needed.
Because yawing the aircraft is far more work to control and still fly from A to B. If you fly a straight course and just use your right stick and look left to right etc. by sliding your finger across your screen, that is far easier and smoother than trying to yaw the aircraft yet still fly from point A to B.

You also maintain front/back collision avoidance when flying straight and panning camera left/right. If you instead yaw to pan and fly sideways to dolly, you likely lose collision avoidance.

Reactions: borzoiboy
Q: I really like the idea of the pan control BUT I do not understand how to accurately re-zero the camera for forward flight viewing.

Q: I really like the idea of the pan control BUT I do not understand how to accurately re-zero the camera for forward flight viewing.
The C1 Button on the rear of the controller is the default for centering your camera.
These buttons are programmable within the Go app.
Basic setup.
595D9E7B-236E-44F7-8C84-9F23D3C74C57.jpeg

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman