DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hot weather operation / cool down

Imtnbike

Reactions
Out flying in hot weather of 106° - wondering if best to let fan run before shutting down MP or ok to shut down immediately when done/changing battery?

You can let the battery cool down, but the Mavic is ready to go after a flight. It has in internal cooling fan that keeps components at their normal temps during the flight, no need to cool down after.

Flying at 106° is considered "extreme" in DJI's books, so be mindful of your battery temperature. Also, I hope you are using some type of shade for your device, they are very susceptible to overheating in extreme weather.

If I had to fly in 106°, I would bring my temp gauge and make sure none of the motors are getting any hotter than 120 - 130°.

Last edited:
Reactions: BD0G and Imtnbike
One of the things you can do to mitigate it is only use video when necessary (assuming you're doing great 4k). It's very processor intensive and is one of the main causes of heating. If Sony can't fix it then sure as hell DJI can't. It's early summer here and even at just 30°C the drone and phone are both pretty hot after a flight.

Reactions: Imtnbike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett