DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hovering Mavic 3 filmed by an Autel Light+ at 320ft. The Autel was very hard to control. It was worse when zooming into the Mav3.

Don’t have to watch it’s a Autel. What you expect 🤷‍♂️
Said by a DJI fanboey 👍
Course in the right hands it might been better.
Not criticizing the pilot just saying.

I don't know what anyone else thinks but to me it looks like the M3 was all over the place and the Autel did a good job. Admittedly some of the pans are a bit rough but, if possible, have you experimented with the equivalent of EXP?

Panning has always been an issue with Autel drones. I don't know if they've ironed it out with the newer models or not but at least up to the Evo 2 V1

I don't know what anyone else thinks but to me it looks like the M3 was all over the place and the Autel did a good job. Admittedly some of the pans are a bit rough but, if possible, have you experimented with the equivalent of EXP?
The winds were significant and gusty, At that altitude the drones had a hard time staying in place. That perturbed me quite a bit.

OK, I TURNED THE TABLES. Here is the Autel being filmed by the Mavic 3. I tried to make a full circle, but lost control. However, compared to the Autel Lite+, the Mavic 3 did a much better job at manual tracking of the drone. It was much easier for me to stay on the subject drone.

Here is the Video

Reactions: dirkclod
Regardless of the drone, when zoomed in that close, it becomes difficult to stay on target.

Furthermore, if you are flying both drones at the same time it presents a very dangerous situation. Secondly, anyone can produce a video to demonstrate the results they want. Therefore, personally, I don't see any relevance of your videos at all.

Reactions: FLDave
Definately inconclusive. The best way to compare stablility is to have a stationary camera and have them fly side by side. So it would be good at about 10 feet above ground or so. I've seen lots of Nano + videos on it's stability and it's not good but these videos really don't show a good comparison. JMO.

Reactions: GFields
See post 12 for the updated video. Mavic3 circling Autel Lite+
Still a dji fan boy 😀
I’ve done 360’s around my phantoms and did good but was doing a POI shot of a P2 with a P3P . Nothing manual . Good test 👍

Exactly what I was thinking. The title indicated the Autel was bouncing. But if you watch the background, the image is stable and the M3 is bouncing around.
Update: The Autel did some Yaw and looked like stick movements, and it also looked like it was fighting the wind.

Reactions: Tufargon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid