DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Videos of a Mavic 3 flying up a very tall radio tower. One at Night and one during the day. See details regarding why I did this. Videos are cool

Don Testme

Reactions
BELOW ARE 2 VIDEOS BY A MAVIC 3. ONE TAKEN DURING THE DAY AT 28X (HYBRID ZOOM CAMERA) AND ONE AT NIGHT AT 4X (DIGITAL ZOOM MAIN CAMERA)

I just got a crazy Idea to fly film a radio tower during the day, then at night with lights on the drone. Then I thought people buying the Mavic Classic might regret not having that zoom lens especially for day filming. It really isn't that great to film with the 1/2 sensor zoom camera at night even with super bright lights. It just gets too dim when you hit the 7x zoom thus switching to the secondary zoom camera. But during the day, it does have advantages. I use it half the time when I'm flying during the day.

Day shot was filmed at 28x from hundreds of feet away. Night shot was filmed maybe at half the distance of the day shoot...I guess.

I know I had to get a bit closer even though I was using the main 4/3 camera at 4x zoom. I was still well away from the cables, even though it may not look that way because of the zoom.

I like both cameras. They each have benefits I like.

I did not use night mode at 7x. It's just too dim at night when using thee 1/2 inch sensor.

Last edited:
It would have been a more interesting comparison if the daytime and night time shots had been in the same (much, much shorter) video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123