DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I charge the controller??

HSEQ

Reactions
OMG I can't believe I'm asking this question - but have no idea what I'm doing.
I can charge everything except the controller??
Does it charge from the phone??
Am I missing a cable??
Have been told the USB port is for downloading images etc not charging??
H..E..L..P

Thankyou for the manual link - my boss owns the drone.
I thought there was a cable missing and the manual has confirmed that.

Thankyou :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 63
There may be a flat cable with USB3 on on end and a converter on the other that will fit in the port on the right side of the controller. I thought it was strange when I found mine.

Reactions: DesertDan
Have been told the USB port is for downloading images etc not charging??
The remote controller can only be charged from the Micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller.

Does your charging device NOT have the pull out cable attached to the side of it, which is tucked in flat, because this is what you use to charge the controller? It is not a removeable cable, from the charging device, it stays attached at one end, but pulls out from the plug end, to allow connection to your controller to charge it.

Thankyou :)
That cable cannot be removed from the charger, it just pulls out to plug in to your controller, but stays attached to the side of the charging unit. If you are saying that cable is missing, then someone has pulled it right out of the attachment point, where it was permanently attach, to the charger unit.

Does your charging device NOT have the pull out cable attached to the side of it, which is tucked in flat, because this is what you use to charge the controller? It is not a removeable cable, from the charging device, it stays attached at one end, but pulls out from the plug end, to allow connection to your controller to charge it.
I think we may have different models, I'm looking at the quick start guide for the Mavic Pro V1.6, and It's showing the charger cable for the remote controller as a removable short adapter cable?

I think we may have different models, I'm looking at the quick start guide for the Mavic Pro V1.6, and It's showing the charger cable for the remote controller as a removable short adapter cable?
Well the first response to your post from Meta4 was for a manual of a Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and you responded:
"

Thankyou
:)
"

Therefore I would assume you were speaking of a Mavic 2, especially since you have not specified which Mavic it was, until now. Since you state in this message that it is a Mavic Pro and not a Mavic 2 Pro, I will assume you are speaking now, of an older Mavic Pro. The charger for the two devices are different. In the attachment you showed in your response to Meta4, you were showing the charging unit for a Mavic 2, not an older Mavic Pro.

So I suppose you should confirm to us what version Mavic you have so that we can best advise you about the charger. If you do in fact have the new Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, then that cable emanating from the charger, is NOT a removable cable. If you have an older Mavic Pro (sort of the Mavic 1 Pro) then yes that cable was a detachable cable.

This thread is about the Mavic 2. Different there.

If you have a Mavic 2....
this photo my help...
Mavic-2-charging.jpg

This thread is about the Mavic 2. Different there.
I assumed that from the start but the OP just posted it was a Mavic Pro. That is why I mentioned the difference. I think we all assumed he was talking about the Mavic 2 Pro but he says his charger is missing the cable for the controller. Therefore, it could not possibly be a Mavic 2, since that cable does not detach, it is fixed to the charger on the Mavic 2 charger. Therefore, he must have a Mavic (1) Pro only, not the version 2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser