DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I download the RAW images from Mini 2?

chickentarts

Reactions
Hey guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I download the raw images from the mini. I set it to jpeg+raw took photos with it but when downloading from sd card all the files are jpg.

Any tips?

And I just talked to DJI, you cannot download the raw files to mobile, you can only download them to PC

They probably don't set up the app to do it because

1) The raw files are about 24MB each (with the jpeg being about 5MB), not that it would matter much considering it does download videos in the gigs
2) There are not many mobile phone apps that are able to process DNG raw files (and if the DJI Fly app can't then why bother doing a mobile download for it). Snapseed by Google does support DNG raws if you were able to get them saved.

But given the time you would normally use the raw files, it'd make the most sense downloading them to your computer rather than to your phone and use the desktop apps there to do the fine tuning processing in the raw processor (ie: lightroom, adobe camera raw, On1 Photo Raw, etc) before finally editing the image itself.

I use a card reader on mu iphone and it still does not show me the raw files. It makes sense to edit raw on pc. My initial problem was just that I thought something got screwed up or that dji’s buggy as it does not create the file on the first place.

I use a card reader on mu iphone and it still does not show me the raw files. It makes sense to edit raw on pc. My initial problem was just that I thought something got screwed up or that dji’s buggy as it does not create the file on the first place.
The iPhone, software/app, etc has to be able to support raw files in the first place.

Also by default the Mini 2 captures in Jpeg only, you have to turn on Jpeg + raw in the settings if you haven't already done so. Wouldn't be on by default as most consumers wouldn't have any use for a 24MB file over a 5MB that gives them what they are fine with.

Yeah was already set to jpeg + raw. I was just surprised that I cannot even see the DNG files in a card reader attached to my phone, either way I dont think it would be much of a stretch to add that functionality, also every time I download a panorama from the dji mini 2 it download a poor png of max 2mb, anyone else has that?

Yeah was already set to jpeg + raw. I was just surprised that I cannot even see the DNG files in a card reader attached to my phone, either way I dont think it would be much of a stretch to add that functionality, also every time I download a panorama from the dji mini 2 it download a poor png of max 2mb, anyone else has that?

It's probably because when it shoots panoramics, each frame is only 3 megapixels, and only shoots them in jpeg (even if your settings are set to jpeg+raw). So the final result would never exceed a 9 megapixel stitching (and that's if you didn't crop off the blank areas at edge). I imagine it's so they could ensure quick stitching even if the phone is lower performance or lower memory, but it kind of defeats the purpose (for me anyways) to have a panoramic, when it ends up being lower resolution than a single shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu