DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I enable the AE LOCK system ?

Carb63

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello everyone,

Hope all are well. Simple question tonight. How do i enable the AE lock function on the upper right hand corner I see on the DJI Go4 app. I understand it is used to lock the focus I'm manual mode when shooting video. is that correct? please advise TIA.

The AE Lock is only to lock your exposure. To enable it just tap the AE Lock button. To change your focus point tap on the screen where you would like to focus.
The AE Lock is best used when you don't want your exposure changing between shots like when doing a timelapse or motionlapse.

The AE Lock is only to lock your exposure. To enable it just tap the AE Lock button. To change your focus point tap on the screen where you would like to focus.
The AE Lock is best used when you don't want your exposure changing between shots like when doing a timelapse or motionlapse.
I have tried to lock that function but it doesn’t lock. Where do I find that in settings to enable , maybe it’s disable?

Manual or Auto focus is marked on the top right of the screen as AF/MF. A vertical slider appears (very dim) on the screen, just right of centre when manual focus is selected, difficult to see in bright sunlight. Ask me how I know? I shot an hour of out-of-focus vid, out at sea, by not checking before flying!

Reactions: Carb63
I have tried to lock that function but it doesn’t lock. Where do I find that in settings to enable , maybe it’s disable?

It only LOCKS the AE until you make other changes (like exposure adjustment, power cycle, etc). It's not like a physical switch that stays locked until you unlock it. The default position is UNLOCKED so you'll have to lock it each time you want it locked.

Reactions: Thomas B
It only LOCKS the AE until you make other changes (like exposure adjustment, power cycle, etc). It's not like a physical switch that stays locked until you unlock it. The default position is UNLOCKED so you'll have to lock it each time you want it locked.
Yes I noticed that. My question is how do you lock it? Lol.

Yes I noticed that. My question is how do you lock it? Lol.

You "touch" the button on the DJI Go Ap. Below is a screen shot (it was used for AutoFocus) showing the AE Lock location (to the right of AF). When you touch it the "Pad Lock" goes from OPEN to CLOSED (meaning locked).
172312yavhz7qb4p2mhbbj.png

Here is one with it LOCKED

AE_LOCKED.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member