DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I replace an arm?

dannybgoode

Reactions
I’m handy enough with a spanner so to speak (have built CP RC heli kits for eg) - is replacing an arm an easy enough job? Got a friend wanting me to look at his... then swap the arm out :D

Are there any good guides someone can point me in the direction of?

Many thanks.

You can find anything on YouTube. I rebuilt the transmission on an old jeep I had watching a YT video once a long while back.

I just did my first one a few nights ago....super easy.....a bit of soldering, which was pretty basic. Plenty of vids on youtube

I just did my first one a few nights ago....super easy.....a bit of soldering, which was pretty basic. Plenty of vids on youtube

Maybe you can share what type of experience you have in terms of drone and microelectronics repair.

I would not call it a super easy repair, and I have done thousands of them.

I’m what you would call an “avid tinkerer” I guess? Not a professional by any means (especially at soldering)....I just watched a video on YouTube and followed the instructions step by step....

Apologies for not responding to which are etc. In the end decided to just go for it. As per my op I am handy enough with the wrenches and have been soldering for about 30 years so didn’t have any issues there.

The main snag was watching all the tear down videos etc and then my friend turning up with a Mavic Air! I’m sure he said he had a Pro!

Anyway all done and was a success. Beautifully put together things are they - really impressed by the build / production quality. Just took my time and was very careful not to force anything or break any wires or ribbon cables.

To be honest there was hardly any damage to the existing arm - was just cosmetic - and I wouldn’t have risked changing it if it were my drone but he wanted it done.

Apologies for not responding to which are etc. In the end decided to just go for it. As per my op I am handy enough with the wrenches and have been soldering for about 30 years so didn’t have any issues there.

The main snag was watching all the tear down videos etc and then my friend turning up with a Mavic Air! I’m sure he said he had a Pro!

Anyway all done and was a success. Beautifully put together things are they - really impressed by the build / production quality. Just took my time and was very careful not to force anything or break any wires or ribbon cables.

To be honest there was hardly any damage to the existing arm - was just cosmetic - and I wouldn’t have risked changing it if it were my drone but he wanted it done.

Job well done.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Well good news. Just heard back from the owner and they put a couple of batteries on it today and all is good :). Horrible windy day as well so will have been put through its paces.

I also put it into FCC mode and they are blown away with the range they now have.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson