DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I transfer media files to the Goggles SD card?

Camino Ken

Fair Weather Flyer
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have the DJI white goggles and am having trouble putting any media files on the SD card so I can play them in the goggles. I can connect the goggles to my Mavic 2 Pro and see the live feed and after the flight I can download files directly from the aircraft while everything is still connected together. I can also take the SD card out of the aircraft and put it into the slot on the goggles and view them fine. After I transfer the files to my computer (in my case an iPad Pro) with a card reader and then try to put them back on the goggles SD card in the same location folder as others, the ones I have added do not show up in the goggles. No thumbnail, no nothing. I can see that the files are on the card via the card reader but the goggles can’t “see” them.

Has anyone successfully put media files from a computer onto the SD card and viewed them in the goggles? I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

I would also like to find an answer to this question.

I've had the same issues as OP, although I use PC and own the Goggles RE.
I've gone as far as to format Goggles SD card in the Goggles, transfer several of each type of file (sphere pano's, hyperlapses, video and pics) wirelessly from M2 to Goggles RE via SC Go4 app, then eject that SD card, insert into PC and map out where/how each file type is saved and placed on the SD card directory...

After that, I tried to transfer new files of the same type to those corresponding locations on that SD card, and they just dont show up in Goggles... Frustrating!!!

The only method of transfering files from M2 (that actually works) is via wireless thru the SC Go4 app, while M2/SC/Goggles RE are linked and pwrd on (which wastes battery power, on the ground,which feels like a sin ;-).

While I still like to add Sphere Pano's (which are awesome thru Goggles!) to the Goggles wirelessly, I've given up trying to add Hi Res video's to the Goggles SD card wirelessly, as it takes forever and I waste more battery power.

It would be great to figure out why those files dont show up when transferred via PC/Mac Computer?

Reactions: Camino Ken
I recall a thread form a while ago about this, yes, see here . . . (searched forum > goggles panos transfer )

No resolution, but @Camino Ken is a regular, so he might have an update (and if so, maybe update the other thread too).

Reactions: Camino Ken
Unfortunately I have not found an answer yet. I even contacted DJI twice and after spending many hours on the phone and via chat they ultimately admitted that “that function is not supported“. I gave up. My theory is that there is some metadata tag that gets changed once the files are copied from the aircraft or the SD card but I have yet to figure out the specifics. I have put the exact same file back into the exact same location and the googles refuse to recognize it on the card. Still a mystery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27