DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do they get away with this?

In life you always get what you pay for. There are no deals unless something is stolen or at the least it’s a discontinued item. I’d bet you that drone is worth the 80$

if you look at the market place with regards to drones ,then nearly every other drone not made by DJI is a copy of one of their models ,it seems to be the Chinese way of doing things, i think that DJI are not really bothered as they know that the tech in their drones is going to find its way into other makers models in the fullness of time, but it will not be quite at the level that DJI have managed to produce

there is a big buck website for the drone on the internet. I think the Mavic Air bit is a ebay thing.

Buy the best and you'll never be disappointed.
Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.

If you can only afford to get the cheapest, then you can expect to get 'the cheapest'.
If it was 'almost as good', they would want and need to charge almost as much.
If it seems too good to be true ... it probably is.

I'm sure that the DJI line of products are a bit over-priced, but until there's a viable alternative, I'll continue to pay it.

All retailers / suppliers can be judged by three variables; Quality - Price - Service.
They can be great at one, good at two or lacking in all three.
K-Mart says; the lowest price, but don't ask about quality or service.
Nordstrom says; the best quality and service, but if you need to ask the price, you can't afford it.

Step up or step away.

This hurts us more than you know. Kids will think this is a Mavic Air (like they see on YT) and encourage their parents to buy it (the parents knowing nothing about sUAS or laws) and wha-la! 6 weeks later it arrives from China with no GPS, no Sensors and gets handed to the hands of a child. He goes outside and spins up and away right next to an airport or at a populated park. We got serious problems ahead . . . knowing this happens (even) now, but Mavic Air on the title just sells better at $69.

there is a lot of people out there that make look alikes. but if you read up on the ad very closely you'll see they run off of a 3.7 volt battery which means they are junk. Don't make a mistake and waste your money on them

When is a Mavic Air not a Mavic Air? When it's sold from China it can be anything it wants to be. They are so incredibly clever at their ability to copy and mislead.
I mean, at first glance it looks like a Mavic Air. They even claim it has a 4K camera. I doubt the quality is any good and I doubt it is really 4K.

Scam? Nope. Misleading? Yes. Buyer beware! The old adage "if it seems to good to be true then it probably is" springs to mind. But there are those with less information than ourselves who could be fooled into purchasing one of these thinking it is the real deal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet