DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Do You Calibrate the Compas Using CrystalSky Monitor?

MadDogDan

Reactions
I know you don’t need to calibrate the compass very often but I haven’t in over a year. I am using a CrystalSky as a monitor and for the life of me cannot find the option that will allow manually calibrate the compass.

Any ideas?

I know you don’t need to calibrate the compass very often but I haven’t in over a year. I am using a CrystalSky as a monitor and for the life of me cannot find the option that will allow manually calibrate the compass.
1. If your drone is flying straight and hovering without slowly spiralling, you have a perfectly calibrated compass and recalibrating won't do anything to improve it.
2. It should be the same process regardless of what monitor you use.
Go to the Sensors section of your app settings and you'll find what you are looking for down at the bottom of the screen.
DJI put it there because people were getting confused, thinking the Calibrate Compass button was a warning that the compass needed calibrating.
i-BqF4GxZ-M.png

1. If your drone is flying straight and hovering without slowly spiralling, you have a perfectly calibrated compass and recalibrating won't do anything to improve it.
2. It should be the same process regardless of what monitor you use.
Go to the Sensors section of your app settings and you'll find what you are looking for down at the bottom of the screen.
DJI put it there because people were getting confused, thinking the Calibrate Compass button was a warning that the compass needed calibrating.
i-BqF4GxZ-M.png
That’s correct for the aircraft. The Crystal has it’s own compas calibration done by selecting the option and rotating the CA. Aircraft not needed for thi and it shows rotating the CS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954