DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you charge the M2P controller ?

bburnett15

Reactions
I have many cables, but none that have a plug on one end that fits the controller, and a USB on the other that i can plug into a charger.
that mini outlet on the controller looks fragile so i dont want to take any chances.

its a micro usb into the remote. just make sure the wide flat part is on the bottom. and the narrow side on top.
No- thats the wrong one. The plug/receptacle you describe has a male/female part in the center. The M2P controller doesn’t have that and does not have a long side short side- its rectangular

My Spark controller is similar with the rectangular shape.

Mark your cable so it won't destroy the connection on the controller.

A lot of these remotes have been compromised due to the design and damage the port by putting the cable in upside down.

20180729_182621.jpg

TruGreen said:
its a micro usb into the remote. just make sure the wide flat part is on the bottom. and the narrow side on top.
No- thats the wrong one. The plug/receptacle you describe has a male/female part in the center. The M2P controller doesn’t have that and does not have a long side short side- its rectangular
@ bburnett15 .........I suggest you look at the diagram and key on page 10 of the manual and item number 14 on the controller.
The side socket IS micro USB, just a "Type A" socket, see USB hardware - Wikipedia
it accepts both type A and type B plugs but certainly, the more frequently encountered type B plug, MUST BE CORRECTLY ORIENTATED, as stated by TrueGreen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bburnett15
My iPad and smart phone both use usbC so I leave the connection tail on the controller and fit a usb to type C adapter on to the charger usb. That way I always use the usb C via the tail to charge as it has no orientation problems.

Reactions: MA2 317
I have many cables, but none that have a plug on one end that fits the controller, and a USB on the other that i can plug into a charger.
that mini outlet on the controller looks fragile so i dont want to take any chances.
I have a short cable that I leave plugged into the fragile side port.I have a small strip or 2 of duct tape to secure it into the port.I never take it out.You also attach an external phone charger battery to charge when flying if the number of drone batteries exceeds the charge available on the controller.

@ bburnett15 .........I suggest you look at the diagram and key on page 10 of the manual and item number 14 on the controller.
The side socket IS micro USB, just a "Type A" socket, see USB hardware - Wikipedia
it accepts both type A and type B plugs but certainly, the more frequently encountered type B plug, MUST BE CORRECTLY ORIENTATED, as stated by TrueGreen!
Thank you! i never wouldve attempted to put a plug into a receptacle that was a different shape, but thanks to you and tru green, i looked carefully with good lighting and it fit like a glove and the controller is charging now.
FYI unless you’re in Great Britain, the plug was correctly ORIENTED. If you are in GB, then youre fine ?
thanks again!

I am UK, colour, flavour, tom-ah-toe etc rather that color, flavor tom-hay-toe lol

Is that different than the M2Z, my charger has the plug in for the controller attached to the side of it?

Is that different than the M2Z, my charger has the plug in for the controller attached to the side of it?
No, the the Pro and the Zoom use the same controller. The plug on the mains charger is an micro USB type B plug

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada