DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you confirm if you’re in a legal fly zone (U.S.)

and how could they possibly know where the drones home is?--follow it--ok

If you read here much, you should know by now that they can find the pilot because DJI has people watching your every move. If you fly in a NFZ a little chinese girl will report you to your local authority, and provide them with your address, your credit card information, social security number, your mothers maiden name, and provide them a sample of your DNA. Often before you get the first low battery warning... Keep up dude!

I have to say, there is a sort of romantic appeal for me to study hard and get an actual pilots license, and then carry a flight bag full of paper maps to study before every flight with my less than 1 pound aircraft at the dizzying altitude of 400ft and within my line of sight.
It would make me feel way more important I think. But I will hold off on the urge to do so. :D
I'm glad you mentioned that, for example I live in MOA air space yet I'm able to fly within that airspace but there are certain times of the day and week when it is illegal to fly in that air space. If you dont fully understand the air space that you are flying in you run a huge risk of getting in trouble. I'm not going to rely on DJI software To tell me whether or not it's safe to fly.

As I sit here I am running a simulated flight in the go4 simulator app. I am flying right over the control tower at my local airport as I type this. The RC screen reads NFZ but nothing is restricting my flight across the runways......I am well inside of yellow and orange NFZ circles on the map on the iphone.
Am I wrong to assume a real flight would be exactly the same results? Also note that I landed on and took off from the helipad on top of the hospital on my way to the airport. Warned me of helipad, but no restrictions on my flight path. This is with the latest firmwares and OS on all devices used.
So is it the warning screens that are keeping people from upgrading firmware based on NFZ's?
Or is the simulator NOT simulating real world flights?

Reactions: trriley5
As I sit here I am running a simulated flight in the go4 simulator app. I am flying right over the control tower at my local airport as I type this. The RC screen reads NFZ but nothing is restricting my flight across the runways......I am well inside of yellow and orange NFZ circles on the map on the iphone.
Am I wrong to assume a real flight would be exactly the same results? Also note that I landed on and took off from the helipad on top of the hospital on my way to the airport. Warned me of helipad, but no restrictions on my flight path. This is with the latest firmwares and OS on all devices used.
So is it the warning screens that are keeping people from upgrading firmware based on NFZ's?
Or is the simulator NOT simulating real world flights?
Exactly my point now go and try and take off from that Heli pad and do that same flight in real life without letting anybody know and tell me what the result is lol.

Exactly my point now go and try and take off from that Heli pad and do that same flight in real life without letting anybody know and tell me what the result is lol.
Now that is no help at all. Answering a question with a question..... sheesh!
Of course I am not going to try it in real time. Are you suggesting that you have knowledge that even though the simulation allows it the actual real flight would not? Same software, same rules I would think. Its ok for you not to answer, if you dont really know.
But if you have tried to taxi on the local runways with your mavic, or if you have utilized helipads with it I am interested to know if it worked. ONLY if you are using current software and firmware. If you are using older versions or non DJI software, we both know you can and or have done it.

Now that is no help at all. Answering a question with a question..... sheesh!
Of course I am not going to try it in real time. Are you suggesting that you have knowledge that even though the simulation allows it the actual real flight would not? Same software, same rules I would think. Its ok for you not to answer, if you dont really know.
But if you have tried to taxi on the local runways with your mavic, or if you have utilized helipads with it I am interested to know if it worked. ONLY if you are using current software and firmware. If you are using older versions or non DJI software, we both know you can and or have done it.

To answer your question, yes I could do that flight. I have all my NFZ's unlocked. However, to do it legally would take a lot of pre planning and pre approval. In other words you need to understand the law and all the processes and procedures to safely fly in certain airspace. This will keep yourself out of trouble because some of those FAA fines for mistakes like that can very expensive.

What could seem to be a beautiful, remote place to fly out in the country could actually be some sort of nature preserve that has restricted air space within it and you could be faced with a serious fine for violating that air space if caught flying in it.

To answer your question, yes I could do that flight. I have all my NFZ's unlocked. However, to do it legally would take a lot of pre planning and pre approval. In other words you need to understand the law and all the processes and procedures to safely fly in certain airspace. This will keep yourself out of trouble because some of those FAA fines for mistakes like that can very expensive.

What could seem to be a beautiful, remote place to fly out in the country could actually be some sort of nature preserve that has restricted air space within it and you could be faced with a serious fine for violating that air space if caught flying in it.

Thanks. The question I have is;
MANY refuse to do updates because they dont agree with NFZ's (i Know others dont because they are astronauts) So am I right that as far as the NFZ arguement, the only thing enforced by DJI is the warning screen and nothing else?

Reactions: trriley5
Thanks. The question I have is;
MANY refuse to do updates because they dont agree with NFZ's (i Know others dont because they are astronauts) So am I right that as far as the NFZ arguement, the only thing enforced by DJI is the warning screen and nothing else?
This is been my experience, yes

OK guys I have removed several post in this and issued warnings .
Anymore of the political remarks or inappropriate post and this will just be closed .
Please no more political remarks and stay on topic .

Thank You . :)

Agreed, back to the OP’s original question, “confirm legal fly zone”.
I check B4UFly, AirMap apps along with DJI no fly zone and I also check the FAA TFR notam website to see if there are any local restrictions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz