DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you get that sphere Image Shot from a Panoramic

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Ok, this may be a dumb question but when I take 360 Pano's or asteroid shots on both my phone and in the dji app I can get a view at first that is a sphere/world view of that shot.

However, when I look at the raw pano in different apps or windows i dont always see it or can zoom to it. How can i get to that view more easily so i can play around with it?

I use Dancing resolve for video editing and the still stuff i do...

Something like this...

Attachments

• XPrqXQR.jpg
    XPrqXQR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
Ok, this may be a dumb question but when I take 360 Pano's or asteroid shots on both my phone and in the dji app I can get a view at first that is a sphere/world view of that shot.

However, when I look at the raw pano in different apps or windows i dont always see it or can zoom to it. How can i get to that view more easily so i can play around with it?

I use Dancing resolve for video editing and the still stuff i do...

Something like this...
That effect is processed in the DJI app and so it lives on your device in the app and not on your drone or SD card.

To do this manually with RAW photos you’d have to:

1) Stitch together your pano in Camera RAW or Lightroom (use the spherical projection method)

2) Bring photo into photoshop

3)Ensure your photo is square aspect ratio by adjusting the image size as needed.

4) Then use distort filter with the polar coordinates option to make the tiny planet.

5)You’ll probably need to use the clone stamp tool or the spot remover tool to clean up the seam and corners.

Pro tip: before using the clone stamp tool or spot remover tool,

a) Make a new blank layer.

b) Check the “sample all layers” option in the clone stamp and spot remover tool options

c) Make your clone stamps and spot remover edits on the new layer.

This way if you need to later go back and erase some of the clone stamp or spot remover you can just erase the new pixels you’ve added. If you apply these effects to the original layer then you can’t erase the new pixels you’ve added without also erasing the original pixels from the original photo.)

Reactions: Droniac and snapdog
That effect is processed in the DJI app and so it lives on your device in the app and not on your drone or SD card.

To do this manually with RAW photos you’d have to:

1) Stitch together your pano in Camera RAW or Lightroom (use the spherical projection method)

2) Bring photo into photoshop

3)Ensure your photo is square aspect ratio by adjusting the image size as needed.

4) Then use distort filter with the polar coordinates option to make the tiny planet.

5)You’ll probably need to use the clone stamp tool or the spot remover tool to clean up the seam and corners.

Pro tip: before using the clone stamp tool or spot remover tool,

a) Make a new blank layer.

b) Check the “sample all layers” option in the clone stamp and spot remover tool options

c) Make your clone stamps and spot remover edits on the new layer.

This way if you need to later go back and erase some of the clone stamp or spot remover you can just erase the new pixels you’ve added. If you apply these effects to the original layer then you can’t erase the new pixels you’ve added without also erasing the original pixels from the original photo.)

I appreciate the advise, sounds like this will be a whole project in itself. I am getting much better at editing video.. but my photo editing skills are vastly underwhelming lol. I was hoping for a easy way to do this but that may be just ripping it from the dji app and or phone.. Need to look more into it.

I appreciate the advise, sounds like this will be a whole project in itself. I am getting much better at editing video.. but my photo editing skills are vastly underwhelming lol. I was hoping for a easy way to do this but that may be just ripping it from the dji app and or phone.. Need to look more into it.
If you have the pano already stitched you can probably do this in the fusion section of Resolve Studio but that would be pretty difficult especially if you wanted to animate it

I have an easier workflow then Brett (His isn't bad though).

1. In the DJI GO App, take JPG photos using the 360° mode (takes 25-30 photos covering 360°).
  2. Download MS ICE (It's free)
  3. Open MS ICE and follow the instructions, leave everything to auto.
  4. Import photos and play around, you can create ALL KINDS of weird/fun shapes, Planet one as well.
  5. Enjoy!
It gets more complicated if you want to use DNG/RAW photos but that doesn't sound up your alley.

Reactions: brett8883
Microsoft ICE is easy to use. search "tiny planet microsoft ICE" in youtube and you will get lots of tutorial. This is my planet created with ICE :

340_stitch med res.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803