DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you hibernate DJI Intelligent batteries.

Further to my last, now "discharged the battery to two LED's. Put it in the drone, also showing two LED's. Fired the system up and checked battery info in the Fly App and it came up with 3.84/5 per cell.

ischarge.jpgdrone.jpginfo.jpg

That's a perfect voltage for battery storage. Put them in a secure, dry place like a lipo bag and store at room temperature. This is what I do with all my (more than 25) lipos. If you are not planning to use them for too long, cycle (charge/discharge) them every two or thre months.

This charger might be interesting for reading data on the screen, but will it be safe and reliable?

You pays your money and you takes your chance! The charger supplied does all you need to take care of your batteries (although being "smart" they take care of themselves) and you just have to use the Fly App to see the specifics.

You pays your money and you takes your chance! The charger supplied does all you need to take care of your batteries (although being "smart" they take care of themselves) and you just have to use the Fly App to see the specifics.
I agree with what you say ... I already have some tools to test the batteries, mine is just curiosity about these tools and chargers.
your storage procedure is simple and above all excellent!

That's true but I don't trust DJI charger leds for guessing what charge percent my battery has. I want to know what's the real battery Voltage. I think is a hassle for just knowing the voltaje to have to put the battery on the drone, starting the drone, starting the controler, connecting the phone and opening the DJI Fly.

Oh dear, I think you're in the wrong hobby if firing up the drone is "too much hassle" danymavicpilot
Oh my friend, I think you are wrong. Precisely for being in the RC hobby for more than 30 years I said that checking voltage on DJI is a hassle. All serious RC hobbyist ALWAYS carry a Lipo Voltage Checker for knowing their packs voltage at any time including going to the field, staying in the field and leaving the field. Not having to fire up your machine for checking your lipo packs voltage is priceless. Here you have some examples.
74024.jpg719CeLznH5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg61wkKdaOJJL._AC_SL1001_.jpg71AxzrJZJML._SL1500_.jpg

Ah you youngsters must have all the gizmos🤣🤣
You can't count your 30 years as LiPo's have only been around for twenty🤣, taking over from the NiMh in the late 1991's.
I've actually been building and flying RC (well reed systems when I started into RC) for 🤔🤔🤔Oh about 65 years🤣🤣
I do like the look of the Mini 2 Color Screen housekeeper unit you show but doesn't seem to exist here in the UK?

Ah you youngsters must have all the gizmos🤣🤣
You can't count your 30 years as LiPo's have only been around for twenty🤣, taking over from the NiMh in the late 1991's.
I've actually been building and flying RC (well reed systems when I started into RC) for 🤔🤔🤔Oh about 65 years🤣🤣
I do like the look of the Mini 2 Color Screen housekeeper unit you show but doesn't seem to exist here in the UK?
Thanks for the compliment. At 52 don't really feel youngster anymore. These days I wake up every morning with aches everywhere. You made me feel nostalgic about my younger years. I've been using Lipos for RC cars, planes and boats since the beginning, before that NiMh were the only batteries and Nitro engines were more powerful than electric counterparts, but Lipos changed that. But seriously I prefer to read voltages and not leds or "guessing" percent's, it makes me feel more comfortable and secure about my battery's capabilities. That's the only real complain I have about DJI drones.

Here you have it. I haven't bought yet, but the one for the Air 2S yes. It says that is able to charge the three batteries simultaneously if you connect 2 USBC cables at the same time. The one for the Air 2S has its own power supply.

:D:D😄😄

The amount of expert puffery and chest swelling occurring in this thread is so overwhelming I think I've actually gotten stupider about LiIon batteries reading it.

I spent a good many months during the COVID lockdown designing and building power banks for all manner of purposes, including the enclosures, cooling (delivering up to 30A @ variable 5-30V requires a fan), and sourcing a lot of batteries. 18650s, lipos, etc.

Simply put, commercial grade lipos at the prices we're paying for these assemblies do not have the tolerance specs for all this fine tuning to make any meaningful difference. You can not do a better job of charge and storage management than the "smart" in the battery does on it's own. It's in the way of anything you can do specifically to the cells.

All you can do is charge them, and discharge faster. Guess what reduces capacity and life the most? Charging and use.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851