DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you look to left or right with the gimbal?

J.C.

Reactions
I have seen people with their finger by pressing the screen that they swipe left and the camera look left and same for right but I don’t know how to do it. What is the trick.... do there is a special mode for doing this?? I have an iphone?

you can get a full 180 degrees horizontal. Not sure when that would come in handy but it's nifty to see it in action.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Don't you have to use at least two fingers as the single finger starts the box for what to follow in Active Track?

To clarify, does this action mean you are panning the gimbal, or yawing the drone?

If panning, that's cool and I did not realize you could do that. How effective is it? Do you get a good, smooth pan or is it jerky and/or too fast?

Ok guys let says i open the app and go in camera view. I Skype my finger left or right it works until I open the map view...after switch back to camera view reduce the map view And it doesn’t work anymore....then I have to get out of The app an go back in camera view an it works again! I think there I a glitch with last app update on IOS. Can someone test this with is I phone and tell me if it does the same?

Panning by finger on the screen I find especially useful when using RTH to fly the drone straight back and then I can fully focus on the motion of the camera. Really handy.

It's not only panning, btw. It's also up and down movement.

To clarify, does this action mean you are panning the gimbal, or yawing the drone?

If panning, that's cool and I did not realize you could do that. How effective is it? Do you get a good, smooth pan or is it jerky and/or too fast?
It is panning the gimbal, not a yaw on the drone. This means you're able to see the props and front legs of the drone in some angles.

you can get a full 180 degrees horizontal. Not sure when that would come in handy but it's nifty to see it in action.
I'm thinking this is helpful if you want video from the side and still have your obstacle avoidance active!

Reactions: hiflyer201
Does this work on all the Mavic gimbals? I have a Mavic Pro, and can’t seem to make the camera actually pan right to left. When I tested this I was on the ground. Would being in flight make a difference? I have always wanted to have this feature work. Does anything need to be set up in the settings first? It doesn’t seem so, from what you are all talking about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure