DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you process and store your Drone photos, videos, logs etc?

One question. I am already copying all my photo and video as well as flight log TXT files to my Synology NAS. Are their any other files that I should be copying/saving, like flight log DAT files?

One question. I am already copying all my photo and video as well as flight log TXT files to my Synology NAS. Are their any other files that I should be copying/saving, like flight log DAT files?
As a 107 maybe. For a hobbyists seems kind of ****.
That said get an AirData account and sync your drone to it and you will not only have a flight log - but also all the ancillary info like wind, temp, battery voltage and current draw along with flightpath.
Hard to imagine you'd need more. With certain account$ you can even have pilot notes, checklists and such.

Agreed with the air data thing. It’s all just there but you’ll rarely need to reference it. Telemetry Overlay is also an interesting program that will use the LRT (right initials?) files to put altitude, gps etc on your video

Agreed with the air data thing. It’s all just there but you’ll rarely need to reference it. Telemetry Overlay is also an interesting program that will use the LRT (right initials?) files to put altitude, gps etc on your video
Have they improved that? Used to be a convoluted process to get it in the video.
Great concept tho - my Garmin Virb could do that with video from my motorcycle travels.

They have made improvements but yeah…it takes some digging and figuring. A bit geeky to be sure but hey…just getting my drone flying and signed up and unlocking a restricted airspace was stupid complex for my limited neuronal bubble.

As a 107 maybe. For a hobbyists seems kind of ****.
That said get an AirData account and sync your drone to it and you will not only have a flight log - but also all the ancillary info like wind, temp, battery voltage and current draw along with flightpath.
Hard to imagine you'd need more. With certain account$ you can even have pilot notes, checklists and such.
Thanks. Already using AirData (see my sig) but want my own offline storage as well. Even AirData only seems to use the flight log TXT files. Just trying to determine if there is any reason to save any other files, like the flight log DAT files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61