DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How far does the mavic2 fly return trip ??

Chris Tymbas

Reactions
Hi All
I have a mavic 2 pro
And I can’t find anywhere that clearly states the flight range.

On a clear day low to no wind 22 degrees and sunny- HOW FAR DOES THE DRONE FLY TOTAL INCLUDING RETURN TRIP ?

I flew it yesterday I got to 1.6kms away and my screen was saying “low signal”

A lot of variables to consider on that and I know it will go 4.2 miles herein my location.
Look in this if your really interested in distance but you must have not had your antennas pointed right or had another issue where you were at .Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

He would as long as he didn't let anything get between his remote and bird .That is how I fly here from the tallest Log landing as we don't have mountains just hills .Lots of country but pretty flat .

Reactions: Chris Tymbas
Hi all
I’m in Tasmania, Australia. What is fcc ? And ce modes ??
Hi mate, differance is, that you are in CE mode, (in Aust) which is lower power. (By 6-8dB!)
The potential max distances 'quoted' on the box, could possibly be reduced by upto 60%!!
A good rule of thumb, (and a requirement by CASA law) would be to stay within Visual Line Of Sight, meaning that you can see the drone with your own eyes!!
You will most definately have less chance of losing a drone that way!!!

Hi mate, differance is, that you are in CE mode, (in Aust) which is lower power. (By 6-8dB!)
The potential max distances 'quoted' on the box, could possibly be reduced by upto 60%!!
A good rule of thumb, (and a requirement by CASA law) would be to stay within Visual Line Of Sight, meaning that you can see the drone with your own eyes!!
You will most definately have less chance of losing a drone that way!!!
Thanks for the info guys !

I have a zoom, I flew it out on a perfect day, it reached to just under 5 miles before it said battery low and returned home.

I have a zoom, I flew it out on a perfect day, it reached to just under 5 miles before it said battery low and returned home.
I’m just back to flying after getting a new or refurbished MPP from DJI. I’m very careful not to let the drone fly out of my line of sight especially given the lack of seeing where the drone is because sunlight is fading the visual feedback on my iPhone. I’m considering spending the money to get the best device that will allow me to see my screen in bright sunlight. But I’m waiting to get that pending the delivery of the FT Aviator I expect to get in the next 30-60 days. I want to make sure all of this hardware will work well together. Until then, flying VLOS will be my POA.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial