DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How fast do you fly?

How do you like to fly?

• I fly slowly almost the whole time Im airborne.

• I fly slowly but use sport mode in emergencies to help me get back home.

• I fly sport mode almost all the time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Former Member

Reactions
Im taking a poll to see how fast members fly, and why you choose to fly the speed that you do.

Personally, I fly just like an old lady drives. Take off slowly, never punch it, brake gradually, and almost never use sport mode.

How do you fly? Please feel free to comment, and if you like this this thread, please click "like" at the bottom of this post.

At this point, I'm mostly flying in Sport Mode, but I'm out in the boondocks, treating it like the R/C planes I fly out here.

I'm still exploring the abilities of my Mavic Pro II (slow learner), and will probably be switching back and forth between modes once I catch up with my buds to video their R/C planes and helicopters.

Love these things, and just received my new Mavic Zoom and Smart Controller!

Kim

Last edited:
to be honest i have never even tried sport mode ,guess i am a coward ,but have never felt the need for it ,if i want to wiz around the sky i use one of my older drones for that switch GPS off go in high speed and let it rip im lucky i guess

to be honest i have never even tried sport mode ,guess i am a coward ,but have never felt the need for it ,if i want to wiz around the sky i use one of my older drones for that switch GPS off go in high speed and let it rip im lucky i guess

I would suggest that you at least try it just so you know how this particular bird reacts in the time of need. This way, you can do it when it’s most comfortable, not in an emergency [emoji6]

I would suggest that you at least try it just so you know how this particular bird reacts in the time of need. This way, you can do it when it’s most comfortable, not in an emergency [emoji6]
as i understand it sport mode still has GPS lock its just the sensors that are disabled because it pitches forwards at a higher angle of attack plus it flys faster as well i hope thats right correct me if i am wrong

It's like if you take your car to the mechanic and he ask a cringe worthy question about brake usage
and rear tire wear.!
Rob I don't think I want to answer your question about
"how fast I fly".!
Never rarely fly in sports mode (40mph) because of battery warnings
As of late I fly with avoidance sensors turned off and as such at full tilt boogy
Max speed (30mph)
A lot of float....
feels like I'm flying on a ball
....cR

Reactions: Former Member
40% sport 50% p/apas mode 10% tripod

I love watching how fast it goes and brakes(not breaks!)
Does anybody think it really wears on motors, esc’s etc. ?
i would imagine that it does stress the air frame and the ESCs and motors to some extent over and above what the design parameters were, i suppose it depends how long you want it to last, it is really a camera drone and not designed to be chucked around the sky plus the possibility of damaging the gimbal

I keep sports mode for emergencies such as winds being too strong for the drone to come home, I have experimented with it briefly to see how the drone behaves but other than that I don't use it. I noticed when I bought my first mavic and I was doing a lot of reading that there were a noticeable number of crashes where people were caught out in sports mode.

I'm quite happy with the drone in in P mode as it does what I need.

as i understand it sport mode still has GPS lock its just the sensors that are disabled because it pitches forwards at a higher angle of attack plus it flys faster as well i hope thats right correct me if i am wrong

That is correct and in addition because of the higher speeds the Mavic can need quite a bit more distance to slow down and stop which I can easily see why it can end up with a crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat