DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Fragile is the Gimbal?

Odoug04

Reactions
I know that the Mavic Pro is a reasonably durable piece of tech, but how fragile is the gimbal? I feel like if I don’t have the gimbal clamp on then just a sharp jerk, a small knock or placing it on a table to hard will break it somehow. The gimbal just seems like it could get broken so easily but I was wondering if I’m being a little overprotective of it, because it seems to restrict how I use it if I’m constantly being so careful.

It is very flimsy I agree but I did have the Mavic drop out the sky and hit the ground from 15m up and the gimbal was fine still, so it must be a little tougher than it looks and feels. Adding/ removing ND filters still make me cringe pushing against the poor little camera

Reactions: ToddR
Attaching the clamp every time could also lead to problems. I use a lens cleaning cloth inside the clear bubble to secure the gimbal. Always a cloth at hand that way as well.

I'm personally not a fan of the combination cover/clamp. I found it more awkward to attach than the clamp & cover separately. It also doesn't provide as secure a fit as the stock clamp.

I kept the cover part, because it's less fragile than the stock cover, but took the tabs out to use it with the clamp.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WTF-N1466