DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How hard is it to replace the landing gears?

ManBearPig1989

Reactions
I have only had this drone for a few weeks and given the lack of free time lately I have ended up keeping it stowed in the fly more bag. Today I got it out of the bag and noticed the two front landing gears were bent and damaged... I'm guessing this is from the extremely tight fit causing me to damage it either packing it in or removing it. Having called up numerous repair places the quotes are all ranging around 300 dollars which seems like a lot. Any Australians on know whether or not I'm stuck with this excessive repair cost or not? Is it possible or plausible to replace them myself? Attached are pics of the bent landing gears.
Screenshot_2019-03-07-16-17-43-074_com.estrongs.android.pop.pro.jpgScreenshot_2019-03-07-16-17-34-718_com.estrongs.android.pop.pro.jpg

How?
Can the parts be purchased from dji?

DJI does not sell replacement parts for their drones. I buy new and used drones and get the parts off of them to repair peoples drones.

Hi from Melbourne.... had to replace leg on my MPP if its similar pretty straight forward. Got leg via net . You need the very small driver for bolt removal. Slide back as removed making sure internals are as originally positioned and lock it up. Pity we dont have Thunderdrones in OZ.

Reactions: Former Member
Hi from Melbourne.... had to replace leg on my MPP if its similar pretty straight forward. Got leg via net . You need the very small driver for bolt removal. Slide back as removed making sure internals are as originally positioned and lock it up. Pity we dont have Thunderdrones in OZ.

The MP and MPP front legs are easy to replace. Just 3 screws...

The M2 has the LED built into the leg. Needs to be unsoldered, resoldered, and installed. Not so easy.

Found some guys at uavme who were willing to replace both arms for 120, seems like that's the best deal I'm going to get. Thanks all for the feedback anyway... For those asking where to get M2 replacement arms, AliExpress was selling the full set for fairly cheap. Not sure how trustworthy that is but from the images it seemed legitimate.

Reactions: Former Member
The "landing gear" contain the antennas, use care if you do this yourself and replace "exactly" as they were from the factory. It is possible to pull the wires off the printer circuit antennas and have a bigger problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranger 7