DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced Landing : Different Temps do to Legislations

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Just to give some understanding as to why the Forced Landing / an Stopped Recordings happen to DJI drones and or there Pocket Cameras as well.

I have both the Mini 3 Pro an Mini 4 Pro and under Extreme Conditions when over heated or low battery are prone to forced landings .

Many of us have learned how best to Negotiate these issues but I was really in the Dark as to why DJI would want this..

My answer came with the Purchase of the DJI Osmo Camera as when recording at 4K it would overheat and simply stop or shut down..

Using my temp gun , I started tagging the battery and it was at 125 F which turns out is a set number by DJI but why that number ?

Turns out with some research these numbers are pre determined by Legislation and is different apparently in different coutries .

This Explains why there may be such a difference in Drone/ Camera Reviews in the US than the UK or even Europe as these Temps may be different for each country.

We have to be aware that DJI would give us the Moon if they could , but Legistlation stops them even on controlling such a thing as telling DJI what temp to shut down on a Pocket Camera an or Sony ect.

Somehow knowing this make me feel so much better about DJI and other companies I get annoyed with knowing much of this is out of there hands.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

You're suggesting that the US and European countries have enacted laws that address the maximum operating temperature for drone and camera batteries?
Yes, that is exactly what I am proposing based on what I found out while researching the Osmo Pocket Camera .

Just to give as example : not me !

Someone was doing a test with the Sony A6700 , changed to different regions to US and now the camera is recording already 5 times more and did not yet shut down , indeed temperature close to 60C so this seems to be by what Region you choose with the Camera.

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
You're suggesting that the US and European countries have enacted laws that address the maximum operating temperature for drone and camera batteries?
These regulation have nothing to do with neither drones or batteries explicitly... it has to do with consumer products that are meant to be handled by hand. The regulations or standards, have a max surface temperature to prevent injuries, & these max temps differs from one place to another. A good example is the DJI Action 2 camera... it very easilly overheated even though it was used as intended & not as a stationary camera indoors at launch... Later DJI put in a setting to allow a higher temp before shutdown, but that setting wasn't active if the camera was activated in Europe which have lower temp limits than US.

Can't see how this regulates low battery auto landings though..?

Reactions: Cafguy and MS Coast
Normally that is what I would say also that DJI put in a setting to allow a Higher temp but the Reality is that DJI got Legislation Passed to Raise the TEMP and that is my point.

It maybe that both the Temp and Battery are also heavily controlled by Legislation as well.

Just the fact that you confimred that Max Temps differ from one country to anonther is appreciated.

Phantomrain.org

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne