DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How high have you flown your mavic 2?

The height limit was removed from the MP2.
Also FCC mode in CE places.
From what I hear, they are working at the NFZ now.
All solutions will not be published online.
What do you mean when you say the height limit was removed from the MP2? I’ve seen nothing to indicate that. It’s still restricted from what I’ve seen on the net.

What do you mean when you say the height limit was removed from the MP2? I’ve seen nothing to indicate that. It’s still restricted from what I’ve seen on the net.

If you are looking for Russian and Ukrainian forums you will find evidence and much discussion about these things.

My Mavic Pro Platinum does well in a strong breeze. Fly up wind of takeoff and have plenty of battery when you come home. At 400ft the wind may not be too different. I always check reported weather a look for tall trees for signs etc. And I never go too far in strong wind. You never know.
The Mavic can fly at 60+ Kmph in sports mode so you can get home if caught out. Back to the battery comment. Sports mode chews the battery quickly. If it’s windy land with plenty spare.

Www.Aerialconceptsandimaging.com

going 400 feet above ground level is really kind of pointless because then your photos turn into Google Earth. although in some circumstances when you need to photograph a taller building or a larger structure that requires you to exceed the 400-foot limit . Exceeding the 400-foot limit above ground level is permitted when you're photographing taller structures. But for general photography 400 feet is more than enough. This is a photo of the front and back of the MidFlorida credit Union amphitheatre. This building is about 200 feet tall my altitude is 394 feet during these photos. If you notice in the one photo you can see Tampa executive airport runways off in the distance about a mile away. I never have problems getting clearance to fly in these areas. It's just a matter of following the proper procedures.View attachment 57735View attachment 57734
[/QUOTE]Where did you take off from?
I've been looking for a safe, legal place to take off and fly along the Hillsborough River.
Supposedly Tampa parks (or perhaps Hillsborough for that matter) don't allow drones. Claim is liability issue.

Here in the USA I have never flown my Phantoms above 400' due to obvious legal and safety reasons. It has been rock solid at those altitudes even with moderate winds (up to 30 MPH). I always look at the wind speeds at altitude before taking it up that high. UAV forecast gives you the wind profile from ground up to whatever altitude you like, so it is a good tool.

My brother has a Mavic Pro and he has also gotten it up to 400' at lower wind speeds and not had any issues. Overall it make sense that it isn't quite as stable as a Phantom with higher wind speeds, but it is still quite capable.

One other word of caution. Even if you are in a remote area away from airports and you have no legal altitude limit, please try not to go too high. Yes Jets will almost always be above 18,000 feet so no issues there. However, small planes can and do fly much lower than that. When flying in a small single prop plane I would always fly between 3,000 and 8,000 feet depending on the conditions. I did not like flying below 3,000 feet in case there was an emergency and needed glide time. However, there are small plane pilots that will fly much lower. Safety first!

I had a pilot friend that used to live out in the Mojave Desert, you can’t do it now, but a long time ago, he often liked to impress his guests by flying with them in his Cessna 200-feet below sea level!

It was over the salt pan at Bad Water, Death Valley before it was a National Park.

How could this guy have his drone climb to 8.000 ft? At least the M2P has a system altitude limit of 500 m (1.640 ft), which cannot be changed.
you can edit, or straight up remove every single "limit setting" in DJI GO 4. Simply google it. i have not nor will i ever do it, but it is do=able

Reactions: TR Ganey
Yes it means. It was an video posted with Mavic 2 flying up to 1500 meters on YouTube. Now the owner has deleted.

Maybe there's a language barrier here, but saying "the height limit was removed from the MP2" implies it was removed by the manufacturer. It was not. Someone in Russia hacked the firmware and removed the limit, but the limit is still there in the approved firmware.

Maybe there's a language barrier here, but saying "the height limit was removed from the MP2" implies it was removed by the manufacturer. It was not. Someone in Russia hacked the firmware and removed the limit, but the limit is still there in the approved firmware.

Really??? This was you're problem? Logical was removed(FW hack, cracked, unlocked, whatever) by Russian guy's.
The drone are made in China not in Russia so there are not the manufacturers.

Really??? This was you're problem? Logical was removed(FW hack, cracked, unlocked, whatever) by Russian guy's.
The drone are made in China not in Russia so there are not the manufacturers.

What?

All I can say is that you are an irresponsible idiot! 400ft Max is the legal altitude. How would you like to be in a plane which hits it at altitude. Think responsibly.
Well, if I read FoxhallGH's post correctly he is nowhere stating that he was flying, he just merely pointed to youtube video doing that stunt, so please be civil.
Actually video is quite educational in regard of the learning about local wind speed, saying that it is not that important at first 400ft but still is prudent to know..

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112