DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How High?

shaunmichaelj

Reactions
So I’ve just seen I can take my drone to the max distance of 500m. Is it recommended?? I know that it voids anything DJI based, but is there a danger of losing my drone? Fortunately we live in a country area where people don’t fly over in planes etc.

What is the highest you have gone?

This subjects been beaten to death already. Please don't start another internet argument about how it is or not safe to fly as high as possible. There are 100+ of those you can look up and relive if you'd like.

All you had to do was ignore or redirect. Your response was no help and a complete waste of your time. But I’m thank you anyway

All you had to do was ignore or redirect. Your response was no help and a complete waste of your time. But I’m thank you anyway
Except he’s right because there are indeed hundreds of the same question, whats different about what you want to know?
First do you mean distance or height?

I just wanted to know if it is wise to push the height to its threshold? And how high have you gone?

I believe he is talking about altitude. If you fly high you have to be aware of wind speed and watch your map closely if drone starts to drift from too high winds. below is a link to what just happened to me. read and study it all the way. this is very likely to happen to you if you are not paying attention like I was.

Mavic Pro gone...need feedback

No, I really wanted you to know that a forum sometimes has topics that have been covered a ton of times already. As an aficionado of my drone, along with most people on this forum, I enjoy reading the forum and seeing what is new that is going on. Sifting through rehash after rehash of tired old questions (not just questions but questions that stir up arguments about the legalities of the question) are a waste of time for all.

Hopefully my response was of some help, to let you be aware that there's a search feature and sometimes you can answer your own question, and not fill up this place with unnecessary redundancy. You can complain, try to justify it, whatever but if it helped prevent even a single additional rehash from here forward then it was worth the effort.

Or, you can decide to reinvent the wheel, you are free to do so but please remember it's already been done.

So I’ve just seen I can take my drone to the max distance of 500m. Is it recommended?? I know that it voids anything DJI based, but is there a danger of losing my drone? Fortunately we live in a country area where people don’t fly over in planes etc.

Mine lost connection straight up at 200m, and before everyone get's in a tiz, other aircraft are not allowed below a certain altitude over this land so no chance of hitting anything up to 1000m

No, I really wanted you to know that a forum sometimes has topics that have been covered a ton of times already. As an aficionado of my drone, along with most people on this forum, I enjoy reading the forum and seeing what is new that is going on. Sifting through rehash after rehash of tired old questions (not just questions but questions that stir up arguments about the legalities of the question) are a waste of time for all.

Hopefully my response was of some help, to let you be aware that there's a search feature and sometimes you can answer your own question, and not fill up this place with unnecessary redundancy. You can complain, try to justify it, whatever but if it helped prevent even a single additional rehash from here forward then it was worth the effort.

Or, you can decide to reinvent the wheel, you are free to do so but please remember it's already been done.

I hate to break it to you but that’s basically what a forum is. Topics are rehashed over and over again by new and existing posters. I find posts like this much more annoying. If people didn’t post about the same topics this board would be a ghost town. How many original topics get created throughout the week? Probably not many to be honest. Each post is usually a variation of something that has already been discussed. How many drone related subjects can we do all talk about that haven’t already been brought up at some point on this board? If it irritates you so much just skip the post.

I hate to break it to you but that’s basically what a forum is.

Sometimes, but it's board dependent. I'm well versed in this, I have been an admin on various boards since the early 90's. It's what we make of it.

If it irritates you so much just skip the post.

Answered this already. Skipping a post is one thing, skipping and then ultimately just forgetting an entire forum is another. I can say with certainty I am not alone in hoping rehashed subjects don't get repeated. I'm also quite certain that with the Mavic variations coming out every 6 months there's no concern about this being a ghost town.

I just wanted to know if it is wise to push the height to its threshold? And how high have you gone?

No, it's not wise. Above ~120 meters or so you're in similar airspace to actual manned aircraft. You do neither yourself or anybody else a favour by being in this space. At the moment the regulations are more guidelines than hard and fast laws but people flying drones in a similar airspace to aircraft with people on them will speed that towards further restrictions - even if you don't cause a crash.

Similar scenario - your car can do 100mph but it's not wise to do 100mph in nearly all circumstances.

My GT3 can do 300+.... Have I done it...nup.....tempted..yep.....gonna? ...nup...
IMG_7976_1200x800.jpg

Assuming that no aircraft fly over your land EVER, I would still be concerned about high altitude winds and losing the drone. It was just recently that my drone was swept away by the winds and carried over 2000 ft away. I thought for sure it was gone forever, and that was only a couple hundred feet up. Just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you should. Either way, be careful!

Assuming that no aircraft fly over your land EVER, I would still be concerned about high altitude winds and losing the drone. It was just recently that my drone was swept away by the winds and carried over 2000 ft away. I thought for sure it was gone forever, and that was only a couple hundred feet up. Just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you should. Either way, be careful!
Yip I agree 100% ... was just an up test and down 2 min.

120m (400ft) being the max allowable in our Country New Zealand.
Well you can gain provisional clearance to go higher with a formal request to Airshare ( Airways ) requiring pre and post ATC Clearance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh