DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 How I almost lost my AVATA1 - Spout Force, Winlatter...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A day out to the Lake District and a chance to fly the drones, the first stop for the AVATA was the well-hidden Spout Force waterfall, a 1/2 mile moderate walk along a wet, slippery and eroded path to the viewing platform, and then a nice spot to fly the AVATA...

Going into the 'gorge' the drone lost satellite lock - to be expected with the overhanging trees and rock walls - which isn't usually an issue as the sensor will keep it planted, but coming back down the waterfall a sensor error - caused by the fast-moving water - shot the drone off at a pace, crashing into the moss covered rock face twice before I was able to stabilise and bring the drone back. - thankfully undamaged - unlike my nerves!!

All good in the end though... The disconnect and crashes start at 2mins 8 seconds in...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Rchawks
Except for the fright of losing the drone, the video is superb. I don't have the nerve to try things like that to begin with lol

Except for the fright of losing the drone, the video is superb. I don't have the nerve to try things like that to begin with lol
Thank you... sometimes the location needs some nerves to try and capture what is possible, in full knowledge that if you mess up you aren't getting the drone back, which makes you focus... Thankfully it came back fine, just the sensor that was cooled by the water, making it shoot forward at the same rate as the water was falling - as it thought it was being blown backwards... All is well that ends well though...

Reactions: Rchawks and GFields
Thank you... sometimes the location needs some nerves to try and capture what is possible, in full knowledge that if you mess up you aren't getting the drone back, which makes you focus... Thankfully it came back fine, just the sensor that was cooled by the water, making it shoot forward at the same rate as the water was falling - as it thought it was being blown backwards... All is well that ends well though...
I am glad you were able to recover it. I would have a long hike ahead of me it I was the one flying it lol

I am glad you were able to recover it. I would have a long hike ahead of me it I was the one flying it lol
Lol, yeah, the recovery would have been difficult, and include about 50 foot of wading into the pool to get it bak, I would have done it if needed, but very glad I didn't have to...

Nerves of steel ;), Cool that you figured out what caused the issue.
Thanks... yeah, next time I shall stay slightly higher over the waterfall I think,

Very nice video. I'm so glad you were able to save your drone and bring her home.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuyakzLu