DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is it going with MM? Problems?

paulatkin73

Reactions
Looking at the 'help' forum it looks quite some people complained about video issues - jello and overall quality. is it true with your sample? it was a bit of time to fly those little things by now - what is the verdict so far? is it performing satisfactory OK with video and photo functions or is it indeed having issues with gimbal stability and image quality?

Not sure if it’s the lower noise level or longer flight times, or both but I’m really enjoying this drone more than my Mavic Air. I got some great footage today with the sun setting while mountain biking. It’s also been very good in wind, I just miss been able to get that quick shot using a mobile as a controller.

Attachments

• 5D5D712E-9573-4C54-9DE6-F8F6714BD836.jpeg
    5D5D712E-9573-4C54-9DE6-F8F6714BD836.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
I saw one video on reddit about a guy having the jello video issues, but he also had a couple of issues, including one where the aircraft went berzerk and started falling at a rate of ~65 mph if I'm recalling correctly. He thinks he just got a dud that got past QC and DJI is sending him a new one.

I did notice a little jello video on mine over the weekend but it was windy and I was rolling left and it was nothing compared to the YouTuber I mentioned earlier.

I haven't discovered any major issues on mine, but I'm not getting the range I was hoping for because of (I'm presuming) wifi interference. Still eagerly awaiting any firmware updates though.

You could get jello when the sun angle is getting low, where strobing prop shadow gets in the camera. Not as common with Mavics as is in Phantoms but does happen. ND filters to reduce shutter speed is usual answer but not available for MM.

You could get jello when the sun angle is getting low, where strobing prop shadow gets in the camera. Not as common with Mavics as is in Phantoms but does happen. ND filters to reduce shutter speed is usual answer but not available for MM.
There’s quite a few examples on YT now, some people are suggesting it is to do the the AC temp in relation to the ambient air temp.

Ahhh, thanks. I thought you meant it was falling at 65mph.
Still crazy stuff.

an interesting observation,about temperature. odd, i did not have anything like that with bigger mavic 2s i have. good to know, thx!
I didn’t have any issues flying at sunrise (2 deg) after leaving a heated house, only issue was my fingers with these extended flight times ?

a relatively interesting info from one of amazon reviews - for what it`s worth. i wonder if several drops of superglue are in order there to melt both arm parts together, perhaps... difficult to tell from the picture.

"Drone arms have a material flaw at the junction with the plastic being only two millimeters thick. Broke in half upon hitting a interior sheetrock wall at low speed. No damage to the blades or sheetrock [see picture]. "
mm_arm.jpg

Thanks for the info. Not a problem here in FL but traveling to freezing temps soon. ? So far, so good.

a relatively interesting info from one of amazon reviews - for what it`s worth. i wonder if several drops of superglue are in order there to melt both arm parts together, perhaps... difficult to tell from the picture.

"Drone arms have a material flaw at the junction with the plastic being only two millimeters thick. Broke in half upon hitting a interior sheetrock wall at low speed. No damage to the blades or sheetrock [see picture]. "
View attachment 86081
Didn’t see that in any crash tests. Gonna be interesting.
Glad I bought Care Refresh

Massive problems here. You see I ordered mine from Best Buy in Monday along with an SD card. I received an email from Best Buy stating my order had shipped and would be here by Friday at latest. So I checked my email again today and realized there was a second shipment notification from Best Buy, this prompted me to look a little closer at each one, turns out I'm a dummy and the first shipment notice was just for the SD card and my MM Fly More Combo was the second notification, it is not due to arrive till early next week, lol. I had my hopes set so high for this weekend too, haha.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Not sure if it’s the lower noise level or longer flight times, or both but I’m really enjoying this drone more than my Mavic Air. I got some great footage today with the sun setting while mountain biking. It’s also been very good in wind, I just miss been able to get that quick shot using a mobile as a controller.

Beautiful shot TDZHDTV

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22