DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is it possible?

I'm not sure what you think is so amazing other than he is quite experienced at controlling the drone while flying backwards...or...possibly he had a go pro on it facing backwards and just flew away recording the flight with the go pro. Interesting at the very least.

I'm not sure what you think is so amazing other than he is quite experienced at controlling the drone while flying backwards...or...possibly he had a go pro on it facing backwards and just flew away recording the flight with the go pro. Interesting at the very least.
yeah....my first thought was that the guy was just a good pilot who had a clear line of sight and flew the drone in reverse

there are also several apps that will reverse a video

If the video was reversed, the cars would be driving backwards.

About five years ago I watched this YouTuber that flys backwards and the results are cool.

He has a tutorial on his channel to learn how to do it.

Could he have flown to a known position, started an RTH, then reversed? Oops EDIT
This was written before MA2 317's reply but I forgot to post it and didn't check for more recent posts

The difference is that the antennas were several hundred meters away to see them with eyes...
I can't undestand...

Reactions: bassnbeau
The difference is that the antennas were several hundred meters away to see them with eyes...
I can't undestand...
I would find it even more amazing if a friend flew his drone to the antennas and filmed our hero flying his through it - that would be pretty cool and would eliminate most of the arguments about how it got done.

Reactions: Sunny Coast Mini 2
Have you seen the whole video?
Even when it passes through cellular antennas?
I'm assuming he has a go pro attached filming backward. If that's the case he's flying forward. I did in fact make the comment before finishing the video so I'm quite sure he's not flying it backwards at that distance and going through the antennas. I do think he's quite good and that's a tight space to be sure. I'll up my level of kudos :).

You must align with the hole you want to go through, and then it's "easy" to pass the drone through the hole, much like shooting a gun or an arrow, you fly the drone in a straight line (backwards) towards the hole.

There are a lot of people that like this technique, I personally prefer the Avata to go through holes, and fly in interiors, as it's like a little flying tank and can withstand some hits without falling, and it's super easy and intuitive to fly with the motion controller thanks to the pointing circle.

If you've played War Thunder, it's pretty much the same than mouse aim, which made joystick users mad at the beginning because it gives you a ton of precision.

On the other hand, with an unprotected propeller, touch a wall or any solid object and say goodbye to the drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
- Find the proper alignment so that only pushing the stick forward and nothing else gets you to the right place
- Pull the stick backwards and nothing else
- Pray there is no drift, if there isn't it'll do the exact same trajectory and you get a cool shot
- Be lucky
- If not lucky and it drifts or you're not precise enough with your stick you crash, too bad for you but with the money you can get from a successful shot you can probably pay for a couple of unsuccessful tries :)

The main reason I started making our multiple camera mounts for various drones is so I could mount 2+ cameras to get the extra view be it rear,bottom top using 360 or standard second camera. Unlike most of you I always have cameras in multiple orentations to get that extra view. I just like the drone in the shot. (anyway I could not take shots if there was not a auto mode).

ironskyP.jpg

Attachments

• 2023-03-01 202307sa copy.jpg
    2023-03-01 202307sa copy.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2023-03-01 202649sa copy.jpg
    2023-03-01 202649sa copy.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 22
  • ironsky1.JPG
    ironsky1.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 21
You must align with the hole you want to go through, and then it's "easy" to pass the drone through the hole, much like shooting a gun or an arrow, you fly the drone in a straight line (backwards) towards the hole.
Easy... like this?
See this video!

No, he only uses the on-board camera, no other. He also recorded the video from the app (screen capture) where we see that he just took off, with 99% battery and therefore he could not have come and gone.

In main screen we can see same video with DJI GO "on screen display".
No tricks.

First thought - good at flying.

Second thought (particularly on video 2) was waypoints / Litchi

Third thought - well planned flight and it probably wasn't his first attempt at it.

Second thought (particularly on video 2) was waypoints / Litchi

Third thought - well planned flight and it probably wasn't his first attempt at it.
No. He uses DJI FLY. We have the screen record, also.

I don't think so. Many many videos...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13