DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long for IM calibration?

SackboyDad

Reactions
how long should it take for IMU calibration. Im following the instructions and my screen has been sitting on 2/5 for almost 15 minutes. It has a clear warning not to power down the aircraft -- but I'm wondering if something is screwed up.

Look at the screen again - you likely didn't notice the picture has changed, you need to move the aircraft to the next position and it's waiting for you to do so.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
....and me too, I just persevered enough to figure it out and not do the post of shame :p

Ah... Mine gets stuck at 2/5 and won't progress, no matter what I do.

Ah... Mine gets stuck at 2/5 and won't progress, no matter what I do.

Are you sure you've moved it into the position shown on the screen at step 2? Coz what you've described is exactly what I did... sat there waiting for it to finish without realising I had to get involved :)

Yep. It's the first position, and it never changes to another position. I even tried changing, to no avail. I'm fully prepared to be embarrassed by my idiocy, however.

Did this ever get resolved? My screen is stuck on step 2 for the last 30 mins. Any thoughts appreciated.

Did this ever get resolved? My screen is stuck on step 2 for the last 30 mins. Any thoughts appreciated.
Do you have your aircraft in the position indicated on the screen? If not, it's waiting for you reposition it to match the screen.

Do you have your aircraft in the position indicated on the screen? If not, it's waiting for you reposition it to match the screen.
Yes, I repositioned it each time. I finally got it to calibrate (I think) by rebooting everything. After than it made it through the first 4 steps and stalled on the 5th. The message at the bottom said 5/5, but it wouldn't complete. So, after 15 minutes on 5/5, I rebooted everything again and went flying.

So, I'm not sure the MU is properly calibrated. How would I test whether the calibration is accurate?

Thanks,

Yes, I repositioned it each time. I finally got it to calibrate (I think) by rebooting everything. After than it made it through the first 4 steps and stalled on the 5th. The message at the bottom said 5/5, but it wouldn't complete. So, after 15 minutes on 5/5, I rebooted everything again and went flying.

So, I'm not sure the MU is properly calibrated. How would I test whether the calibration is accurate?

Thanks,
I guess if it flies okay, it's good enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman