DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many batteries to get

Another consideration in your battery purchase is how often you fly in Sport mode. When in Sport mode, you will use up your battery faster than Position mode.

I have four batteries and I find the first two or three get me through all my Position mode flying, but I just can't leave the site without cranking things up in Sport mode! Careful, Sport mode is addicting and you won't get more that 15-17 minutes from a battery (with a 30% low battery warning).

Theo

I just got my Mavic and only have one. When I had my P3P, I had 3 batteries, but rarely used the 3rd battery, but it was nice to have.

I remember my first aerial gig (music video) I was sweating because I was due to be on set for 4 hours and only had 3 batteries. I was even considering buying another hours before the shoot. Turns out, I only burned through one battery in the entire 4 hours of being there. Got around 20 minutes of footage and the client was very happy with that footage.

With that said, I only plan on buying one more battery and then a set of filters. After that, i'll consider a 3rd battery. But like someone else said, 40 min of flight time is LOTS.

Majority of the time I'm in sports mode and I'll soon be using sports+

Another consideration in your battery purchase is how often you fly in Sport mode. When in Sport mode, you will use up your battery faster than Position mode.

I have four batteries and I find the first two or three get me through all my Position mode flying, but I just can't leave the site without cranking things up in Sport mode! Careful, Sport mode is addicting and you won't get more that 15-17 minutes from a battery (with a 30% low battery warning).

Theo

I have Sharpie numbering and a book with charge count and capacity, I currently go in capacity order rather than charge count order

Do you have labels on your batteries (1-7) or you just use them anyhow

I have 4 batteries. Only charge 3 when I am going to fly and usually come home with one fully charged battery. My brain seems to discharge faster than the batteries.

Reactions: Montypaks
I have 4 but i think 3 would be fine but you need to get the charger and that you can charge 3 battery's
At a time with 2 USB ports on it to.
So you can charge 3 battery's and your controller and iPad or phone

I have 4 but 3 is fine but you need to get a charger that charges 3 battery's and has 2 USB ports so
You can charge your controller and ipad or phone. You can get them at
Amazon for about 39.00 it charges
Much fast then the stock charger.
Hope this helps

I have 4 but 3 is fine but you need to get a charger that charges 3 battery's and has 2 USB ports so
You can charge your controller and ipad or phone. You can get them at
Amazon for about 39.00 it charges
Much fast then the stock charger.
Hope this helps
Thanks! I have the official 4 point charger but that charges only one battery at a time. It also has two USB ports.

Having gone out a couple of times in my garden to fly, 20mins flying is a pretty long time... I know I didn't or haven't ventured out so doesn't really count, but like someone mentioned, my brain will probably be drained before the third battery is

Reactions: BIGLUG24
So just about to order my mp! What's the recommended number of batteries to get

The charging station having only 4 docks could signify that one should get 4 batteries...
But the controller only lasts 60mins on a charge which is 3 batteries meaning to even use the 4th battery, you'll need to recharge the controller which kinda defeats the purpose.

So my current order includes 3 batteries in total... What are you guys running, and how have you set it up?

Cheers

We also got 3 batteries. We took the Mavic a trip to Iceland with a 300W BESTEK power inverter for the car and a “5 in 1” Mavic charger. Just search on Amazon or ebay and you will find what I’m talking about. It’s blue.

It charges 3 Mavic batteries AT THE SAME TIME and 2 usb devices AT THE SAME TIME.

It is super fast and super powerful with a built in fan to prevent over heating.

I wouldn’t go on any road trip or travel without either this power inverter or Mavic charger. I found that using two batteries allowed you to get plenty of footage in a location. That was at the extreme end.

However, if you plan to go somewhere and want to actually fly for more than 50 minutes straight for whatever reason you will need more than 3 batteries since each one lasts around 20 minutes.

The inverter was around $40 and the 5 in 1 charger I got a deal on eBay for $28.

I use 4, but always try to keep one battery fresh. I try to fly in wilderness areas and like to have the ability to grab one unexpected flight if I stumble across something spectacular on my way out. Then if I don't go out within 48 hrs, I have to burn down the fourth battery by charging my iPad with it. I will probobly buy at least one more.

Three batteries and an inexpensive car charger got me through an entire day of flying last week and I still went home with two fully charged batteries at the end of the day. I could maybe see how a fourth would be handy to make up the time it takes for the battery to cool before recharging it, but I had a five-minute drive between each shooting location so three was sufficient.

I have found the DJI car charger to be completely useless. It won't charge for me worth a ****. I typically take the regular charger and run it through an inverter.

I have 3 batteries and I can't imagine needing more than that, unless you are going places where there is no way to charge. When my first battery gets low, I land and put it on the charger. Same for the second, and third, By the time I get to end of my third battery, the first one is ready to go again. Get the fly-more package.

Dont worry ;-) five hubs solve this the night before fliyng... I forgot to mention two RCs (one in the usb charger all the time - is a must)..
Cheers!
Can you have 2 RCs paired to the Mavic at the same time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas