DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many drones do you own?

Small collection. Mavic Pro Platinum and Spark. Sold the other Bebop & Bebop 2. Son has a couple small cheap ones he messes around with.

I own 2 drones [emoji1476] Mavic Pro, Mavic Air but have had many more to in the past

Bought a Syma X5 and plenty of prop guards first. Learnt to fly it indoors and outside. Great little drone and allowed me to master the basics. Now I also own an MP and that’s it. TBH, I don’t fly the MP like the Syma as aerial photography seems a more sedate pursuit than thrashing the Syma. The Syma is a great first drone though.

My first real drone was a walkera QR X350 and it was a beast to fly! It had GPS but was very unstable! It did however teach me had to fly because you couldn’t really relax when flying it because of how unstable it was.
I bought that around 5 years ago. A year later my son bought a P3S and it was so much better than my Walkera and easier to fly. I then purchased a P3P. After that the addiction had begun. P4,P4P, MP and now an Inspire2 with X5S.

I have a room in the house designated as the hobby room. Along with the drones I have RC cars going back to the 80’s. I have what I consider an obscene amount of Carrera Digital slot cars and track. I need to sell off most of it since I never get it out (since the drone obsession).

Well, I'm in the dog house. T'was my birthday on Saturday and SWMBO declined to get me a drone for my birthday, so I ordered and MPP for myself. It arrived yesterday. SWMBO has said that she has ordered me a present, but it hasn't arrived yet and she had declined to tell me what it was.
She saw my delivery this morning and went off on one about me spending money. Oops. She then admitted that she has ordered me a drone for my birthday. Double oops!
So I've gone from a no drone keeper to a two drone keeper all at once.

Did I mention I'm in the dog house? :D

Reactions: Rnl
No current pic of fleet, never have them all in one place these day, but here is a pic of my starting craft from about 5 years ago.
Since added a handful of racers, a couple of walkera birds, tbs Gemini, a P1, P2, 3 P3s, couple of inspires, couple of Mavic pros, 1 spark and a mav air.
Also quite a few fixed wing. And the FireFly6 Pro (a vtol fixed wing/ hex motor drone.

The TBS Discovery endurance (big guy in the pic) is still one of my favourites.

View attachment 33386
Aah the old blade 350 qx ;):) i used to see how many back to back flips i could do in agility mode.... it was usually a blur but I did do 16 one time:D agility mode was no joke....red eye of death..... anyways to answer o p question...i have 4 rc heli's, 4 drones and close to a 100mph e-revo

So why do people own more than two? I mean, those of you owning a several phantoms and several mavics... I can imagine you want a phantom for the picture quality and a mavic for portability, but why keep old versions around?

Having said that, I am a proud owner of a Mavic Pro, but am anxiously waiting for the Mavic Pro II, as I would love better video quality.
On top of that, I feel my money burning a hole in my pocket because I would love to own an even more portable drone like the spark or the mavic air. I find myself constantly browsing the 2nd hand websites for a nice spark flymore + portable charging station offer to come by. Untill now, I have been able to resist, as ratio dictates that it doesn't make sense. But the heart is screaming "but it looks soooo fun!!!"

So, for now, I will try to keep my money in my pocket, wait for the Mavic Pro II and (depending what it turns out to be) buy that and the Mavic Air, then sell off the Mavic Pro 1...

I have 9 that are in condition to fly and several others partially assembled:
Phantom P1
Yuneec Typhoon H
Yuneec Q500 4K
Dex Mini waterproof quad
(2) Dex 50 waterproof quad
F550 hex
Mavic Pro
500 size folding quad , scratchbuilt

Only 2 mavic pros. I couldn’t ask for a better drone that can do what this one can do for me

were all addicted to this hobby but i have a limit left to spend on more
$1500 and if i have to then $2000 but $2500 is tops for sure

i think

This pic is over a year old. Since then I have added another MP, P4P, MA, S1000 and a Tello. Yes they all still fly and have never been crashed.
Guess I will have to pull them all back out for a updated photo shoot.:p
myfleet1.jpg

That is an impressive flock of birds. Jealous...

Which is your favorite?
i like em all
lately in real intrigued with the autel but the obsidian has everything i want but im holding off barely till the MP2 comes out then decide
if the MP2 only has front/rear OA,then its the obsidian for me.

Three down from four as of last last week when I sold my Spark. My hanger has two 3DR solos, one modded, one stock, and Mavic Air. Air is only drone getting flight time now.

Aah the old blade 350 qx ;):) i used to see how many back to back flips i could do in agility mode.... it was usually a blur but I did do 16 one time:D agility mode was no joke....red eye of death
Haha it was my first drone with the integrated gps. It really changed things up. It certainly was an agile little beast. I actually flew it again last week just for giggles

a bit of an evolution from blade to removing the guts from a blade and installing onto a flame wheel through to going Naza V2 on flamewheel20140504_163257.jpg

Last edited:
I can guarantee no one has one of these multi engine quads
20160108_104151.jpg
and my poor neglected inspire

20160126_153930.jpg

The term "drone" is so overused that within its very wide scope, I have 13. :eek:
3 quadcopters,
5 true gliders,
2 electric gliders,
2 electric "power" planes and
1 huge 83" wingspan nitro powered 4 stroke plane.
There may be 1 or 2 more hiding under the dust bunnies :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw